Cougar spotted in Kenora!!

Rjohn

Ya long way up eh 🤣. I didn't include the article. Kenora is so far it's pretty much irrelevant.It's funny cause I've heard from many people and articles over the years we have them in Norfolk but when you search,things seem to be hidden. I mean think what people do when they see a yote close to home 🤣.also most people make coug jokes I get it 🤣.so far I've heard that there was one spotted oakwood cemetery Simcoe, Brantford johnson road by a park, heard cops were involved in that. Dundas aswell conservation area, and on the Rez. But I did hear from a good friend who's a watermelon farmer in Delhi that his neighbor had one hanging around and MNR didn't take him serious well somehow it ended up dead with a bullet in it at the end of his driveway. They took it ect nothing ever said. Also my brother drives truck had one dart in front of him in Burlington right by the exit near Ikea near hydro setup. At night ,said he seen it's massive tail and head so no mistaking it. This was last year.anyone else see or hear anything.

Can’t wait to here everyone’s cougar /bigfoot stories.

There are lots of cougars in Ontario. Lots in zoos and privately owned as pets. Nobody tracks who owns pet cougars so the number and location of those is unknown. Norm Buwalda had some in Elgin County back when his tiger killed him in 2010. Police shot and killed a cougar in Utterson Ontario in 2012 and found that it had been declawed (so obviously a pet).

There are credible records of cougars roaming Ontario. Rick Rosatte wrote a paper on it: https://www.canadianfieldnaturalist.ca/index.php/cfn/article/view/1194/1187 Some of these originated in captivity, like the one shot by police near Huntsville. Others appear to be wild, like the one that was found frozen with a face full of porcupine quills near Thunder Bay https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thun...ay-may-answer-mountain-lion-mystery-1.4041876

If you read Rosatte's paper, you'll find that radio collared wild cougars have been observed covering over a thousand kilometers in a year. So it is entirely possible for wild cougars that were born on the west side of the continent to be roaming Ontario. There might even be some that breed here. However, there are waaaaay too many observations from heavily populated areas to make the majority of them credible.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks