Costa Rica Quepos Fishmasters Sportfishing Report

Fishmaster

The fishing has been on Fire with our boat landing 2 Blue Marlin 400 to 500lbs and over 70 Sailfish in the past couple weeks our best day 17 sailfish and 1 blue marlin ...alos the bottom fishing Grouper ans Jack Gravel has been wicked ...the big tourney just got finished with 1744 Billfish caught on 44 boats in 3 days now thats just awesome fishing ...Costa Rica has won the best Bill fishing spot in the world now 2 years in a row ...if you plan on getting away from the snow and cold weather look us up thanks Steve aka Fishmasters Sportfishing Costa Rica

Hey there fishmaster good job taking the time and effort to display some of your bill fishin action out on the bluewater....as you know this site specializes on fresh water fishing reports on our great lakes specifically lake erie...but i guess it doesn't hurt to advertise your charter service, but i would think most of us on here could not afford chartering a boat like yours... especially in U.S. dollars.....Myself I have been fortunate enough to have had lots of experience billfishin and bottom fishin the reefs to many different saltwater locations. Those numbers of sailfish you quoted are typical for down there and almost as good as the striped marlin numbers out of Cabo. When I charter a boat its for my GF and myself only and its value priced and yep.. we catch fish.
BTW gettin to Quepos from San Jose do you fly or drive to that fairly remote location?

Last edited:
Fishmaster , leaving for CR Wednesday AM and have a villa rented at Los Suenos resort. It's a fair distance to Quepos and don't want to travel. Can you recommend anyone from that area for a couple low key charters for 3 maybe 4 people ?
We'd also like to do a couple bottom fishing trips as well.

Hey there Alloy when you get there to this los suenos resort...i would go to the local marina around noon hour to 2:00. Thats when most of the charter boats are back from a morning of fishing. Then you can see for your self how the fishin was. Start talking to the people that chartered the boats and talk to the locals too. Ask them how the fishin was and what they paid for a charter...You need to shop around...not all charter boats are at the marinas...alot of the charter boats are anchored close to shore... sometimes in clusters...so you walk the beach and see what you can find that way....if your on a really tight budget some charter boats will offer sharing a charter with others....its a matter of shoppin around for a good boat/equipment and experienced crew for a reasonable price...

Most boats return at 4 pm and my guess is 95% are fully booked in Los Suenos you will find some outside the bay that im sure are open and cheaper but in Los suenos like you should know is NOT Cheap im sure your condo was very expesive most range from $350 a night to $1000...charter in the marina range from $1500 to $2800 per day ..i Provide Transportation from Los Suenos to Quepos in my charter fee if you want PM me and we can chat its only 45 min down the road and a very beautiful part of CR to check out ....if you go to the Bay u wont have too look the locals will be right on you wana go Fishing ...at Los Suenos they wont let you on the docks ...call me if ya need more info 6282-8237

Hey there fishmaster.... in your last reply are your quotes in U.S. dollars?.....to buy one U.S. dollar currently at one of our banks is $1.44 Canadian...so add another 44% for U.S. funds

Love the photos, can't wait for my trip!! I booked and I'm fine with paying the price!
Have you seen the price of fuel in Costa Rica?!? They have to import it from the USA as they are not friendly with their neighboring suppliers. Those charters are going MILES offshore to get those beautiful fish, it's not like Erie where you can go out less then 3 miles and expect action. Big boats cost big money and they pay their fuel, crew, plus their gear is all imported.
Fishmaster is from Canada, he knows full well what the exchange rates are.
For me it's a bucket list experience, catching one of those beautiful sailfish, the memory will be worth every cent. You can't buy memories, only experience them.

Fishmaster , tried calling but my Spanish is crappy and I couldn't understand the message. Call me at 2637 7496. We did go yesterday and got 3 sails and 12 yellowfin tuna between 3 of us could have caught a 100 tuna if we wanted. Interested in going again on Tuesday.

Reactions: Rex
Well said Rex ....sorry Alloy i didn't get your call i was prob 30 to 50 miles off shore ...Mick yes I'm from Canada i know the price of the Dollar its killing me also6 months of the season but i don't think its fair to put others in the same pot as yours or there finances go ...people Travel and its not cheap ..........

Fishmaster are you still fishing in Costa Rica ? We're going back down again this year and staying near Quepos. I'd like to speak to you about a few charters and hous rentals if you have any contacts.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks