Costa Rica. Los suenos billfish report

chefboyardee

Came down to Costa rica for the Los suenos billfish tournament. To fish with steve hardcastle from fishmasters but 2 guys backed out. 2500 is a lot for guys to come up with. Oh well that's life. So I went fishing yesterday with steve and his captain Rudy 1 of the best boat handlers I've ever fished with

The day got off to a quick start 20 minutes in hooked up with a 400 lb blue marlin. 1 hour and 20 minutes later this was the result

blue marlin.jpeg

totally exhausted and not even able to open a bottle of water after fighting , waht felt like a toyota for an hour. thank god there was about an hour in between fish. steve was down in the cabin of the boat and a rod went off so jumped up and did the erie hook set , ruhroh wrong way to set the hook in salt water. lost a 25 lb mahi. when salt water fishing let them take the line for a count of 3-4 seconds and then tighten up on the drag the circle hook will set itself . lesson leanrned

another 20 minutes or so then i hooked a black marlin he we go again, im thinking im either gonna die a happy man or im going to loose my arms hahaha. this was a Little smaller at 300 lb class lol. and only took an hour to land .

black mrlin.jpeg
that was a hell of a day in my mind landing not 1 but 2 marlin, then all of a sudden we all realized i just needed for the sailfish for the grand slam of billfish . holy shit im thinking ive landed my first to marlin now im on the brink of a slam. the only one left was the sailfish. ive come close to the fly fishing slam twic but have never completed one in fishing .

AND THE IT HAPPENED THE COMPLETION OF MY FIRST FISHING GRAND SLAM

sailfish.jpeg

if you are ever thinking of going to costa rica on a holiday and want to ge some bill fishing in i definitely recommend Steve and Tonya they have done an amazing job since we have been here and check out there website for some great pictures and they have condo rentals and can help you out with anything you need.

fishmasters has deinetly got costa rica and the bill-fishing dialed in .

Last edited:
thanks stomp , great place for you and the kids to do a vacay for sure lots of cool excursions here zip lines, rainforest, surfing, tortuga island and the list goes on .

Sound like good times,great photos.I'm not escaping this winter wonderland for another 32 days.I'm not counting though.

2016 Report Quepos Costa Rica
Fishing has been hot for us in Costa Rica from Quepos and the water has been flat calm daily 42 miles off shore yesterday was the ticket all fish caught and released on circle hooks and Ballyhoo shark cannon balls raised alote of fish over the past few day ...if ya havent been to Costa Rica come check it out its beautiful and the fishing is Awesome call today to Book your Trip 289-768-4176 or visit my website http://www.fishmastersultimatecharters.com

WOW CONGRATS!! Skunked first year I went out on my honeymoon. Yikes! Wife broke her leg zip lining.
I can't wait to get back! LOVE the photos!! @chefboyardee

Congrats on the slam chefboyardee I have heard once you saltwater fish ,its better than freshwater,,hard to believe.Comeon Lotto max.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks