Cormorants!

Thanks for that information, hopefully MANY will reply and we can get their numbers down. Nobody wants to totally eliminate a population of any bird, but their numbers are way out of control and they can devastate stocking programs. Have also seen them come up with 12 inch trout or salmon while fishing.

I'll comment on It but not wasting expensive shells (all non toxic) on shitty birds for no gain. Waste of time especially if it's at the same time as the open duck/ goose seasons.

Just hit the big cormorant breeding grounds with a poison.

I'll comment on It but not wasting expensive shells (all non toxic) on shitty birds for no gain. Waste of time especially if it's at the same time as the open duck/ goose seasons.

Just hit the big cormorant breeding grounds with a poison.
Not nearly as much fun using poison!!!! Blast them..

Folk's, let's be clear, I hate the stinking shit machines as much as anyone.
But it's pretty clear we're being fed lip service by the Ministry. Outdoor's people, fisher's, all hate them? that's why I didn't get any perch this yr, right?
We all loved the giant walleye number's this yr, but that's all good right. Still not defending cormorants, just a observation. Maybe they ate some perch?
Ministry has been bombed with complaints about corm's for yrs, so they throw out a proposed change, that will never pass, but here we are arguing over it? And when it gets shut down, they'll say, we tried to change. Were working for you?
Read their proposal, Mar. threw Dec. that'll work well with the cottage crowd, beach goer's, recreational boater,s? Yey, dead rant's washing up on the beach will help the cause?
As far as being a outdoor's person, I am, but we can't have shit being said as poisoning them isn't as much fun a blasting them, I can live with both, but don't think the majority can? Ministry knows this and cormorant cull will fail, but look at us feeling were being heard.

can't miss -- you pen sh-t statements for a self proclaimed "outdoor's person". Your statements suggest you hate the Ministry. Well, negative nancy, you sound like Trump.

Folk's, let's be clear, I hate the stinking shit machines as much as anyone.
But it's pretty clear we're being fed lip service by the Ministry. Outdoor's people, fisher's, all hate them? that's why I didn't get any perch this yr, right?
We all loved the giant walleye number's this yr, but that's all good right. Still not defending cormorants, just a observation. Maybe they ate some perch?
Ministry has been bombed with complaints about corm's for yrs, so they throw out a proposed change, that will never pass, but here we are arguing over it? And when it gets shut down, they'll say, we tried to change. Were working for you?
Read their proposal, Mar. threw Dec. that'll work well with the cottage crowd, beach goer's, recreational boater,s? Yey, dead rant's washing up on the beach will help the cause?
As far as being a outdoor's person, I am, but we can't have shit being said as poisoning them isn't as much fun a blasting them, I can live with both, but don't think the majority can? Ministry knows this and cormorant cull will fail, but look at us feeling were being heard.
I disagree. They are looking for a solution. In reality poisoning the nests may work but so would a legal cull which could attract a new crowd and bring in a few bucks. Yes you cant have dead birds washing up all over but there are ways around this. You cant say it failed before it was even tried. Lip service is nothing new so it shouldn't be much of a shock to you ?? Should it ?

Lip service is Our tax and licencing dollars going to waste, and if you listen to our Ministries, their all under funded right ? Gun's, hunting,we are a dieing crowd.
Poisoning won't work, eagles, hawks, owl's, critter's in general will all eat them, now were killing eagles, bet that sell's. Nest de-obstruction could dent them.

Can't miss- seems like you could have a bright future turning around the ministries. Surprised you haven't been recruited with all your bright ideas

I want to watch the first guy climb up the dead tree covered in cormorant crap and take the eggs away....go ahead, I dare ya!! I'm thinking the shotgun approach may be a bit more practical.....

1542991123849.png

Ethan C, retired after 36 yrs of working under the public umbrella, no, not the MNR. but you have know idea of the waste of OUR money?
So, after 36 years of working in the public service and retiring early with a sweet pension and benefits you're decrying the waste, inefficiency and failure to get things done our our public servants? (y)

So, after 36 years of working in the public service and retiring early with a sweet pension and benefits you're decrying the waste, inefficiency and failure to get things done our our public servants? (y)

The way I see it is he was smart enough to get that job and the resulting pension, benefits and early retirement to better support himself and his family to have a more comfortable life.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I really hope this gets passed. What are the legal requirements on Erie/Long point for hunting? Do we need to be a certain distance from shore?

Guy's, I'm tapping out, Quackers, yes I have a pension, its OK but not lotto 649? sorry, very few benefits? 36 yrs is retiring early, please explain that to my back, knee's and hips? Not complaining as it was a great go.
Sorry I took up a trade right out of school, paid into a plan from day one, and now enjoy it?
Best of luck with the corm culling, enjoy taking that boat load of 50 corm's home to only have to dispose, sound's like fun? Being here on my golden pension, that sound's like burning money?
Last comment on this, I'm not for saving the corm's, but, season can't run threw recreational boating season, just won't work. Squeeze it into migratory bird season, lot of un happy duck guy's?
Good luck, stay safe, CM

PS, Leaky, your pic, priceless

I'd shoot a few. Can't miss check the stats, probably a 100 boat accidents for every hunting accident. We're not a bunch of drunken goons. At least not till the guns are put away.

I know I said I tapped, but come on? Twister, take LP bay during the summer months, hundreds of boats, water craft, folks injoying the season. Fall/winter that # drops to the hunting crowd? Are you sujesting a corm shoot could happen, say over Aug long week end?
Hey, Fill your boots, corms need to be controlled, that we agree, but how can you shoot not knowing who,s fishing in the next pond over?
Your right, boating shit is rampant during the summer months, so let's add shot gun's??
Cheer's

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks