conditions Sat morning @ Burwell/Bruce ? ?

Rob V

Well-Known Member
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I hummed and hawd as to whether to venture out Saturday morning or not to go and try and find some eyes. But I wasn't sure what the conditions would be like - and I sure didn't want to drive all the way down from London and find out it was too rough for my 18ft-er. I noticed on the burwell webcam there were people loading up early - not sure if that meant they limited out already or it was rougher than they wanted. .The port stanley weather bouy was registering waves 3/4 of a meter and I've always been told you can double that number. So that's in the 5 foot range - no fun for me.
So I decided to pass .... was it the right decision ?
Ya Rob it was the right decision. I live in Dorchester & went down any way. She was rolling GOOD!! Stayed out for a few hours & only boated 1 bow.
We were out of Port Bruce today & it was rolling pretty good at times.
Spent about 10 hours out & between 2 of us we had 3 bows & 3 walleye. Biggest walleye 27" & IIRC the largest bow was 30".
WOW really?? I went out to bluffs bar today and it was very calm all day. A decent chop from 11 to 12pm and then when we went back in the inner bay seemed rougher then the outer bay. It was so nice today at bluffs bar we were thinking we mad wrong choice and should have taken my 16 ft out bruce for walleye. hmmm good to hear it wasnt

A bad days fishing better than good days work.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks