Colchester / Western Erie Walleye Reports

bigdog

Has anyone been fishing western lake erie for walleye yet and if so are you catching any fish???

We all would love to hear from you.

Also is ther any particular wind direction and srength that makes these waters unsafe / unfishable??

Guys are getting going down there and doing okay from what I've heard but there hasn't been too many reports yet. I am planning on heading down next weekend. The only good wind down there is North since the area is pretty exposed on all other sides but East is the worst. Thankfully, you don't have to go too far out so unless it's really windy, you should be okay. If the forecast calls for over 15mph winds, I don't bother driving down but under that is usually not too bad. The bait shop on the pier is not open so make sure you have bait before you get there.

Was at holiday beach yesterday,drifted for 1.5 hours got 4 lost one.Then it calmed down had to troll,got 8 more trolling in three hours.Lots of white perch and silvers (take lots of worms) It took 4 dozen worms to get our limit.I've seen it worse

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks