Off Topic Close call

Stupid asses😳. There’s 5kts of current there under the blue water bridge. Doesn’t leave the Cuyahoga many options. I bet the skipper of that sail boats butt was puckered tight.

Last edited:
Who would be at fault..I know vesels under power have to give way to under sail boats...but is there a rule about freighters

Sailboat has to give way to a vessel constrained by their draft. Freighter has the right of way. In open water on the lake it’s a different story.

Last edited:
The proverbial bug on the windshield scenario😥. A few more like that and the Small Vessels regs will be mandating a change of skivvies for each man, women and child on board along with the required PFDs.😵 Shit luck that no one was killed in that incident. Not a soul onboard with a PFD on that I could see so it's good that no one decided to abandon ship in that current while the sailboat skipper was taking his sweet time taking evasive action. Funny, 'till it's not.

The sailboat should have come about way sooner, looks like he was drifting with the current. He likely wasn't expecting the freighter to turn towards him if he wasn't paying attention to where he was in the channel, and didn't want to intially turn into the freighter's path. May not have had a graph with charts? Near thing

The sailboat should have come about way sooner, looks like he was drifting with the current. He likely wasn't expecting the freighter to turn towards him if he wasn't paying attention to where he was in the channel, and didn't want to intially turn into the freighter's path. May not have had a graph with charts? Near thing

I think this is exactly what happened. He wasn't making any headway against the current but thought he was not in the way. Then sh!t got real :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks