Clicking sound concerning

live2fish

While tinkering in my boat lately I’ve heard something that’s concerning. Back in sept I had the high pressure fuel filter changed and now if I go to put key in the ignition or sometimes just touch with my hand I hear a clicking sound like a fuse breaker tripping. I took the dash apart to look at the ignition wires and non are loose and my fuses look fine. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I think it’s some sort of ground issue? I just cleaned entire negative post and all wires on it. I’ll see if it does it again in 30 min. This is very troubling, I don’t wanna have fishing plans get messed up this week coming

Never had an issue as you describe but after a lifetime of working electrical I don't see the relevance between a filter and electrical. You're saying if you even go near the ignition you can hear a clicking? If a breaker was tripping it would need to be reset, have you had to do this? Is everything running okay? Who changed the filter? Is it near any electrical components? Hard to believe it's electrical. Good luck

Never had an issue as you describe but after a lifetime of working electrical I don't see the relevance between a filter and electrical. You're saying if you even go near the ignition you can hear a clicking? If a breaker was tripping it would need to be reset, have you had to do this? Is everything running okay? Who changed the filter? Is it near any electrical components? Hard to believe it's electrical. Good luck

Dealership did the high pressure fuel filter change. It’s in the engine at the back bottom. They had to take apart lower unit plastic covering to get it, you can only see it when looking directly down at the back after taking cowl off. Touching the switch with my hand would make a sound, kinda like the sound you hear when you see sparks so that’s another reason I was getting worried. I think the solenoid is gone. I’ll be putting a new switch in. I’be checked everything else.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks