Cleaning fish...thoughts?

I clean at home..I dont like my fish to get warm..all guts go into freezer..I would clean out in boat,I gut and dehead all trout and salmon but with eyes its too hard to do cause I skin the wings, and cut them out along with the cheeks..

Also worth mentioning that when fishing waterbodies where size limits apply (e.g. much of Northern Ontario), the fish need to be measurable until you're off the water - you can gut them but can't take off the fillets and toss the carcass. Doesn't apply to Erie.

Clean at home, freeze the guts then out with the trash on garbage day. Or more likely I forget they are in the freezer and some time around January I say “what is this??” and then out with the trash.
True that😅

Clean my fish on the wife's laundry counter (y) 😀 close to the laundry tub. Guts go in the green bin. Fillets go in good quality freezer zip bags filled with water, last for years.
One day I'll have to watch the garbage mans face :unsure: 😀😀

Clean em at home. Know some people that want the guts for baiting bears. They freeze the guts until they head North. Works well for both of us otherwise they just end up in the garbage

Does anybody out there clean their fish onboard and throw the guts overboard? Are you even allowed to do that?

Probably the best option. Less landfill, food for catfish and crayfish.

I freeze in a bag then garbage on garbage day. Once I didn't do this and the putrid stench and flies were overwhelming.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks