Off Topic Cheating in a tournament

While I don't agree with what they did you don't have to look too far to see that cheaters are rewarded all over professional sports. Track and field, baseball ,football ,cycling and Lord only knows who else is cheating purely for monetary gain. Don't be too hard on these guys they used terrible judgement but I'm pretty sure we all have. Again let me repeat I don't agree with what they did.

I’ve been told that the CO’s use a wand that detects ducks being shot with lead pellets. How true that is, I don’t know. I don’t take that chance and only use steel shot

One solution from my point of view, is that the top 10 finishers take a polygraph. If they fail, theyre out and charged.
Not disagreeing, but charged with what? Polygraph isn’t admissible in courts so failing one doesn’t provide R&PG for changing. Again, not disagreeing, but a lifetime ban from fishing tournaments is reasonable.

Polygraph is normal practice in any of the US tournaments i have fished, if you fail it you are disqualified. No charges are laid.

While I don't agree with what they did you don't have to look too far to see that cheaters are rewarded all over professional sports. Track and field, baseball ,football ,cycling and Lord only knows who else is cheating purely for monetary gain. Don't be too hard on these guys they used terrible judgement but I'm pretty sure we all have. Again let me repeat I don't agree with what they did.
No mercy, idiots get what idiots deserve. And just because “everybody does it” is poor excuse to justify their judgements. and a false one at that

Also you don’t have to look too far to see just how many tournaments they likely cheated in and the amount of money they cheated their way into getting. F*** them they deserve everything they get and then some

1665057340065.png
The fish at the center of an alleged Canadian cheating scandal is shown in this June 2022 photo submitted by Mitch Zinally, a Toronto angler. He alleges the measuring tape was cut to make the fish look bigger. (Submitted by Mitch Zinally)

... There's pro chub fishing tournaments now?

Cheating not uncommon
But if you add up the number of people who cheated in all these competitions and divide them by the total number of people who competed… well I’d be willing to bet that you will come up with a very very low percentage of people actually cheat!
And those cheaters don’t deserve to be taken easy on them. They deserve no mercy, and their faces should be plastered all over so everyone knows they are cheating scum who will rob you of everything you deserve. 👍
Spit in their faces. Low life leaches. Parasites.
If I ever see them out and about I’ll sink their boat

Years ago we entered the Delaware walleye tourney..it was a big deal back then. Our team had 6 solid fish and we were in 1st up until the last 30 mins when a "local" team shows up with 6 donkeys...except they'd obviously been dead for a while. Sorta common knowledge what pond they had been kept in. Still had snag holes in their backs. Despite protesting, they were given 1st place. Last tourney for me.

It has made my Twitter feed, I guess it's prime for fish jokes.

Must be quite a drug to destroy one's reputation and existence.

Don't know why, but this brought to mind some TV show hosts' lack of better judgement as well. 🌻
Probably not many remember our own 2 tv hosts from Ontario filming in closed waters.

pretty interesting podcast with Ross Robertson and the two guys that run two of the big Erie tournaments these chaps have won in the past. The guy in charge of this specific tourney who cut the fish open was pretty well spoken, rational and logical and you can tell by just looking at him and listening the devastation he is dealing with. They have handed all the information over to the police and interestingly one of the participants in the tourney was a local police officer who offered to take control of the process on site while they waited for other troopers to arrive as he suggested to the tourney director he was potentially dealing with a formal crime scene and should be careful not to tamper with evidence. Good watch if you are interested.

Cheating not uncommon
But if you add up the number of people who cheated in all these competitions and divide them by the total number of people who competed… well I’d be willing to bet that you will come up with a very very low percentage of people actually cheat!
And those cheaters don’t deserve to be taken easy on them. They deserve no mercy, and their faces should be plastered all over so everyone knows they are cheating scum who will rob you of everything you deserve. 👍
Spit in their faces. Low life leaches. Parasites.
If I ever see them out and about I’ll sink their boat

Id let Karma get them. Spitting in their faces would be tempting, but it could also backfire and end up getting you charged with assault believe it or not. As well, don't sink their boat, that too will backfire on you.lol... trust me Karma ALWAYS catches up with ppl in the end.

there is an online derby app called fish donkey, anyone ever try it? its like a nation wide tourny thing you can do, or local. Pics must be submitted to the app. I seen Aaron Weib talking about it one day on his youtube channel for uncut angling. Id imagine Donkey will have a hard time getting comps going after this.

Notnonky
Probably not many remember our own 2 tv hosts from Ontario filming in closed waters.
[/QU
Not only that , but foul hooking fish as well and filming others fish as their own .
I've personally met Italo a few times and while he claims " God found him " , there has always been something off in my opinion.
Having said that , it been 20 years and both Italo and Henry seem to have moved well past . Just sad because I was a big fan back then , used to rent the VHS tapes they had

View attachment 66734
The fish at the center of an alleged Canadian cheating scandal is shown in this June 2022 photo submitted by Mitch Zinally, a Toronto angler. He alleges the measuring tape was cut to make the fish look bigger. (Submitted by Mitch Zinally)

... There's pro chub fishing tournaments now?
I've caught some dandy creek chubs over the years. I'll be setting up my traps soon for the upcoming ice season

Attachments

• 20220402_151908.jpg
    20220402_151908.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220101_152311.jpg
    20220101_152311.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 14
Caught this little guy near St john, nb this summer. Had to be 12"+. Too bad I've got giant meat hands with sausage fingers, makes everything look small😬

Attachments

• 20220725_172342.jpg
    20220725_172342.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks