Off Topic Cheap warmth

Saw that when I was down in Guelph today. They had almost a full skid of them. I have 2 already from the Lowes deal a few years back or I'd be grabbing one!

Same sale at the north London Costco.

Sure it is!

View attachment 84371

As long as you don’t blow yourself up. Then it gets expensive.
I use that adapter all the time.... Had to fill a couple 1lb tanks today to remove excess propane from a overfilled 30lb tank that Costco generously filled

Attachments

• 20240216_085810.jpg
    20240216_085810.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240216_085814_HDR.jpg
    20240216_085814_HDR.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 21
You pay for the convenience for a small tank ie; size/weight but for some trips (hiking/canoeing) they're ideal. I think filling a BBQ tank is still cheaper than doing the "tank exchange" thing as you get to see the weight of your refill but the "exchange tank" could be a "pig in the poke" ?

For years now I've been working on a formula to convert "BS" into a viable fuel source. It's cheap and Lord knows it's plentiful as large groups (political rallies, legislative assemblies, sporting events, etc. and Yes... even some online forums) seem to produce copious amounts of it. So if anybody wants in on the ground floor please send cash only because we all know the old saying.

Btw; Stomps Channel 68 Forums didn't make the grade to harvest as the BS Factor was of low quality or nonexistent .

Buy yourself a 10 lb tank goes a long way and a lot cheaper than the 1 pounders
CDN Tire has a five pounder for $55. I used to use a 10 pounder ice fishing at it was great but then they expire and unusable. I wish they could be inspected and their life extended.

CDN Tire has a five pounder for $55. I used to use a 10 pounder ice fishing at it was great but then they expire and unusable. I wish they could be inspected and their life extended.
Your local propane dealer will often refurbish tanks for you. Not much cheaper than buying new, but you can get it done.

10 pound tank for me. Got it a ctc. You won't find the small ones on the exchange rack. Runs my deep fryer as well. Everything else is gas. Good for 10 years before it needs a recertification. Got the hose from Amazon.

We use that heater for camping and use the 10lb refillable. But make sure you get the fuel filter for the buddy heater using a refillable tank with hose, oils etc in the tank/hose can f'up the heater.

Amazon sells them.

Mr Heater F273699 Fuel Filter​

$24.00

We use that heater for camping and use the 10lb refillable. But make sure you get the fuel filter for the buddy heater using a refillable tank with hose, oils etc in the tank/hose can f'up the heater.

Amazon sells them.

$24.00
filter well worth it, have my little buddy for at least 15 years with no issues

Amazon sells them.

$24.00
I've found the buddy heater brand filters for $5-10 at princess auto

Only if your nervous about refilling, or don’t want to haul a bulk tank!

I’ve been refilling 1lb tanks myself for about 15 years now without a single issue. It makes these heaters the cheapest possible way to provide heat, besides using free firewood.

I’ve been refilling 1lb tanks myself for about 15 years now without a single issue. It makes these heaters the cheapest possible way to provide heat, besides using free firewood.

Are you refilling the green non-refillable canisters...like Coleman brand?

If so, that is not recommended and actually illegal. Transport Canada talks about it on their website.

Flame King sells proper 1lb re-fillable canisters that have a bleeder valve for filling, proper valving and safety etc. They are the only ones you are allowed to transport. They are pricey but gotta pay to play.

I use 4 Flame King re-fillable canisters to empty out the last 1-4 lbs of propane left in the 10lber at end of season because they charge you a flat rate to fill 10lb'er instead of by the pound. The Flame King canisters are awesome for the task.

If so, that is not recommended and actually illegal. Transport Canada talks about it on their website.
And evybody can agree that it's cheaper not to go to princess auto... those carts get full of extra really fast
Most guys refill the green cans. It might be illegal and not recommended, but so is doing 130 on the 401. The speeding generally ends in disaster far more often than refilling green cans.

No kidding on the princess auto lol. I can spend way to much dough there. I only mentioned it because they aren’t local to everyone but there is a home hardware close to almost every town!

Flame King sells proper 1lb re-fillable canisters that have a bleeder valve for filling, proper valving and safety etc. They are the only ones you are allowed to transport. They are pricey but gotta pay to play.

I use 4 Flame King re-fillable canisters to empty out the last 1-4 lbs of propane left in the 10lber at end of season because they charge you a flat rate to fill 10lb'er instead of by the pound. The Flame King canisters are awesome for the task.

Yeah the standard 1lb “non refillable” tanks. I really don’t care about the legality as common sense prevails. When done properly there are zero issues.

The odd one that does leak (everyone leak tests after refilling I hope) just gets put onto something and used up before the tank is tossed.

$50 for each refillable tank is a bit outrageous, but I guess some people feel safer this route.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks