Charter boat captain hazards

Blastr

Site Sponsor
Had a great day fishing on Saturday with a great bunch of guys but I caught a dipsey in the face. when I turned around to net a fish bam right there was a dipsey in my face.ouch.be careful out there.Blastr

Attachments

• IMG_20180814_084549_867.jpg
    IMG_20180814_084549_867.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 187
Should pay attention to your surroundings Captain Blaster, for your safety and those of your clients ?

Good Haul

Herefishyfishy

Lol...I've been doing this for 34 years... with a pause in the 90s. You're going to have way better stories in a few years. Last year a customer helped me out with a fish....hook in knuckle ...cut off and taped it up until er doc removed it... could have lost use of the finger. Hope you're face heals quickly. The Joy's of fishing!!!! I

my face felt like his looks like. Hey Jojo, i believe it was a dark one, it all happened way to fast.the big thing was i didn't wimp out.

Capt. Blastr

my face felt like his looks like. Hey Jojo, i believe it was a dark one, it all happened way to fast.the big thing was i didn't wimp out.

Capt. Blastr
Keep your polls up to avoid hooks and dipstick in the face we also ALWAYS wear Glasses

hey Blastr I've got an old hockey helmet with a mask for you for this weekend, we dont want to hurt that baby face no more!!!!!

Keep your polls up to avoid hooks and dipstick in the face we also ALWAYS wear Glasses
Always wear sunglasses! When netting I've taken 3 hooks off the shades this year when they hit the net and slip the hook. Dipseys come out when someone horses the pole up by the edge of the boat. Don't worry we're takin up a collection to get you a helmet with a visor lol. At least we will know which boat you're in if it's a orange 1 lol.

Well I have run charters since 1975 with a few breaks here and there. My worst experience was on 2 different charters. On 2 occasions I had a customer so drunk they fell off the boat while fighting fish. I managed to retrieve them both but lost a $250 rod and reel both times. Since that time I do not allow customers to get that wasted and if they do I head for shore at that time and their charter is over. How could I explain their loss to the wives?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks