Channel Catfish

konrad67

Looking to take my son out for some channel catfish and would appreciate some feedback. I have fished the otter in the past but usually in the summer, would it be worth giving it a go or is it to early? If anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Mark

should be just starting, go after a rainfall, It will bring fish into the rvr.

Blastr

Went out Thursday from 2pm to 11pm. Fished from the bridge in Port Burwell down to the lake. Bottom fished with 2 types of bait, with no luck for us. Just before we left a 15lb was caught and a 8 pounder was lost when it broke the hook in half. Both fish were hooked using shrimp and caught fishing off the west pier close to the submarine ramp.

fished the river on saterday got 2 for supper and lost 3 and a hugh farm animal the river was 59 and high then it started to go down and I wasn't paying attention and the boat was hi and dry and my motor was stuck way into the mud lol had to get out and push it back into the water never even got my feet wet that's how far it went down. oh ya the river is full of minnows to.

Fished Big otter sat around supper, wife missed the 1st one, I landed one, so did my buddy(7-10lbs), we fished a couple hours, was damn cold, rain..... used shrimp.

Back