Changes to small vessel regulations could be coming

I wonder how many of those 500 respondents have a boat that their neighbour would consider too loud.

IMO, the Lieberal Fun Police are at work. it looks to directly target Jet Ski's. Most municipalities already have an 11PM to 7AM noise bylaw.

Option 4: Introduce performance standards for vessel operators to follow​

This option would add engine noise-emission limits to the Small Vessel Regulations. It would also ban vessels from being used in a way that exceeds noise-emission limits when tested according to set standards.

Hey @Three Bouys , you can relax, the article talks about boat engine noise only. You can continue to pump up the volume on your marine stereo system 🤘:D
The other day @stomp I was backing in the boat and a couple of elderlies asked if I could turn up David Wilcox louder for them. They started jamming and stopped loading their boat 😂😂. Then they wanted to know what kind of a stereo can be that loud and so clear. 😂😂😂. Neighbours across the channel were sitting on their pontoon boat yelling to play some more 😂😂

So 500-1000 Karen’s across the country whine about loud boats and that’s all it takes to bring about ridiculous regulations?

Almost makes me want to figure out how to make my whisper quiet Yammy scream when I gas it…

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks