Cellphone protection on the boat

Windy Point

What are you guys using, dry bag, Pelican, plastic container, nothing?

have ours on RAM mounts inside our wrap around windshield. No chance of any water in there so no protection.

I'm sure if you wanted a larger "wallet" for your phone it would still hold your phone. They have a bunch of sizes and we pound waves at 40 mph and have never had one move at all. I have 7 RAM balls mounted around the boat, love those things.

Are you concerned about water intrusion or breaking it/losing/dropping?

Water intrusion... most phones are now rated at IP67 and newer ones are IP68... it could sit in your transom underwater all day and have no issues.

If it goes overboard... that's a problem, while under power I have a magnetic phone holder, I have tried the ram solutions, but they are very hard to insert and remove the phone, the magnet solution works great, but you need a special case that matches the holder... I'll see if I can remember the name if you are interested in it.

Sized for just the phone or does your case house wallet, keys and whatever?

Water intrusion... most phones are now rated at IP67 and newer ones are IP68... it could sit in your transom underwater all day and have no issues.

If it goes overboard... that's a problem, while under power I have a magnetic phone holder, I have tried the ram solutions, but they are very hard to insert and remove the phone, the magnet solution works great, but you need a special case that matches the holder... I'll see if I can remember the name if you are interested in it.
Yea you beat me to it. I've taken underwater videos of fish with mine. Only problem is you have to press record in air before submerging the phone as touchscreens don't work underwater. Also stopping recording on a wet touchscreen is tough.

Truthfully all of the above.

Me I'll be busy working the boat and fishing equipment and besides I'm not glued to my phone. But if the worst were to happen I would want my phone protected. Floating on the surface is much better than wishing I had done something better. lol A ram for the wife is a good work around. It will not be as handy as hand held but far less chance of oppps.

So for me I can see my phone, truck keys and wallet - possibly the wife's phone as well.

My boat is aluminum so the magnet idea will not work for me.

Truthfully all of the above.

Me I'll be busy working the boat and fishing equipment and besides I'm not glued to my phone. But if the worst were to happen I would want my phone protected. Floating on the surface is much better than wishing I had done something better. lol A ram for the wife is a good work around. It will not be as handy as hand held but far less chance of oppps.

So for me I can see my phone, truck keys and wallet - possibly the wife's phone as well.

My boat is aluminum so the magnet idea will not work for me.
The magnet holds the phone, the mount itself is either screwed or uses a suction cup.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks