Cell phone reception

Mick I pay 40/month for 4gb of data and unlimited call/text etc and international text. Left bell not because of service but strictly price. When I called Bell the rep asked why I was leaving, to who, and the price. After telling him he simply stated he doesn't blame me and they couldn't even match it. On the other hand, if you want cheap you have to realize the overhead for the company is not there for all the extra services/advertising. I've never needed customer service for anything in 10 years with a cell phone, other than to try and get my bill cheaper lol.

Waiting for ice fishing. In the meantime View attachment 4046
Hey that's Kathleen Wynn's brother isn't it??? ;)

BmgiVwgCMAAwyvB.jpg

When I lived out west I was with Rogers. At the time I was a truck driver and I got sent into the mountains on a regular basis. I had reception problems in the mountains with Rogers, but thought that normal. Apparently, it wasn't. Occasionally I would be sent to the one place I never wanted to return, Yellowknife. To say I had issues with service would be an understatement. The first time I was sent to Yellowknife I contacted Rogers to make sure I would have service before I left home. They assured me I would have no problem but for a dead zone an hour sw of Yellowknife that I knew about. They were wrong. I got 10 minutes north of High Level and lost all cell service and did not have any service even when I arrived in Yellowknife. For 6 days I had no service while I was there. Thankfully I still had friends there who allowed me to use their phone to contact my family and employer back in Edmonton. As soon as I got home I called Bell and got the package I have had ever since and no matter where I have gone after making that change, be it into the mountains, to Yellowknife again, or anywhere else from BC through to Quebec and into the US, (despite the roaming) or out into the Lake, I have not had any issues other than certain spots in Sarnia where my phone goes into "roaming" mode, so now when I go to Sarnia, I shut it off as I would if I'm going to the US.

Telus and I have never lost a signal and I can be 12 miles offshore at Port Glasgow

This thread is 3 years old.....most likely, things have changed a bit since the comments were made.

looks like spam has resurrected this thread... Spam Cleaner to the rescue!

I have an iPhone 8 plus and I am on Rogers.

I have reception everywhere from Port Stanley to Port Bruce; I've been 15KM out and never lost reception.

I constantly run Spotify so I'd be aware if the music stopped playing!!

I have verizon out of us no prob with reception anywhere i.ve been out on lake so far

Bell or Rogers. A few years back now they changed the rules and each service provider can ping off the others towers. We use to never have Rogers service up at hunt camp as there was only a bell tower around. When they changed the rules Rogers works now as well. Same deal down here. My Rogers is fairly reliable out on Erie and all of st Clair. However in the interest of safety I still have a marine radio. Cheers

Little trick i found is if you dont have reception, put your phone in airplane mode and the turn airplane mode off again, takes a second but usually you will get signal again. It must just search for the best signal when turned back on.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks