Off Topic Caught off the Pt Bruce pier. Ain't no fish.

Its an inert dummy mortar round that is used during training to replicate the weight of carrying an actual round. Humped alot of those all over CFB Gagetown in the early 90s.

Looks like an 60 MM Mortar shell. Blue is for practice. These might have on it IMT. They make a lot of shell casings. A fella I work with was there with the young fella that pulled it in. It was stamped and made in 1956 .... 60MM

Last edited:
😲😲😲😲😲😲

Taken from a post in the Pt Bruce group I'm part of on facebook. Posted at 3:45pm ish today.

"Anyone know whats going on at the pier? We were out fishing and it was all good, on our way back in we saw its all taped off and the police are there."

There were many responses, but the one that caught my eye the most was from someone who was there....the following quotes are pieced together from several responses from that person........"There was a old bomb or missle found. I was there when it was found pretty cool." Someone asked if it had washed up and that person responded saying, "nope someone was using a magnet on the Pier and it caught on lol"

Apparently according to further posts about it, one person was told that as it's painted blue, it's an inert practice round used for training purposes and nothing to be concerned about.
Hey...Trevor.... When you go to the pier next...will you be switching to a Magnet...??.. :ROFLMAO: :giggle: 🐠:giggle:👍

Hey...Trevor.... When you go to the pier next...will you be switching to a Magnet...??.. :ROFLMAO: :giggle: 🐠:giggle:👍
Nope. I might be a former chef but even I don't know how to make THAT taste good. ;):LOL:
I was planning to go this morning after my wife went to work, but decided to go back to bed instead.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks