Caught a beauty 7lber today

Bucketsoff

Yes, I caught her. In the back seat of my car, on the side of the 401. We were on the way to the hospital when our little girl decided she couldn't wait any longer to get in to the great outdoors.
911 dispatch walked me through the birth of our second baby on my cell phone, and EMS showed up just in time to take her from my shaky hands and make sure her and mom were alright.
I guess this is what I get for being such a wimp and not looking with our first child. Life has a funny way of paying you back for the things you were too scared to try!

@Bucketsoff congrats on the birth of your daughter and delivery. You made the London news tonight:D

Last edited:
Congrats and a great catch without a net and one heck of a story for the rest of her life.Good job.

Congrats on the successful 'Live Release'. I heard it on Hamilton radio news tonight too. Hopefully you were using barbless hooks and didn't utilize a vertical hold, it's hard on the young. I hope you have as much fun raising your daughter as I did with mine, it's priceless.

There is a multi-generational story that is going to get passed down for decades to come!
Congratulations! The only thing better is grandkids...especially after the doctors for ten years tell your daughter-in-law that she will not be able to have kids.
Give her all the love you can. They are a gift.

The best feeling in the world. Congratulations! and well done.

With all the bad news these days it's good to hear something wonderful. Congrats on your new daughter, she will be a special blessing with a great story attached for many years to come. (y) :joyful:

Yikes. I hated it when my wife went into labour. "What if?" was always in the back of my mind and I feel that the delivery room is the best place for a woman in labour to be. Very happy for you both that everyone is safe. Congratulations.

And I got an 8 1/2 lber!! :) Congratulations Bucketsoff. It sure is a special thing to have a little girl... Especially if it's the first child. Changes your life in a big way but it definitely is a better way...

Congtats on the new addition to the family! Thats the story of a life time for sure! A special bond you will have with this little girl!

wow, congrats on the new addition to the family, you went that far hope you cut the cord as well. damm good job . i think you need to give her that car for her 16th bday.

I actually saw the EMS and police at the on ramp there at Imperial Line on my way into work the other morning, thinking, it must be a bad morning for someone....as it turns out, it's the exact opposite. Congrats! :)

what a WONDERFUL story !!! Congrats and i hope Momma and your Little girl are OK ?! With arms Wide open YOU invited your little DOLLY into this World !!! YOU were the MAN that you needed to BE !!! Hold her high Show her the world that She is going to CHANGE my friend
He never Gives ya more than you can handle but :eek:.....The CREATOR has a very Strange sense of HaHa GOOD on you for taking Care :D

Please post pics of your CATCH .....She must be an angel :love:

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks