Cast iron

Dmanwithnoname

Been playing with a cast iron pan lately and have been getting some really good results, here are some pork chops with a maple balsamic glaze

Attachments

• 5AB7F04A-255E-4967-AD30-E5DFF2070715.jpeg
    5AB7F04A-255E-4967-AD30-E5DFF2070715.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 27
  • F7453BE1-93E1-48BF-943B-09B5691A724D.jpeg
    F7453BE1-93E1-48BF-943B-09B5691A724D.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 28
Just got into cast iron last year. It's worth the extra effort imo. The non sticks sit at the back of the cupboard these days.. mmmm balsamic glaze, looks good!

Ive been a big fan for years..have a pretty good collection including a huge pan 22" across, 4" deep. I take it on all fishing/hunting trips..can be used as a fry pan, for deep frying, for baking like a dutch oven.
The use of the cast iron in the oven is amazing..I think because of the even heat and the ability to retain the heat. Try slow braising type recipes..you'll be amazed.

When I was a kid travelling with my Uncle, that's all they used in the Saw Mills.

Still remember the smell of the wood fired cook stove and all the delicious foods cooked in cast iron to this day.

Similar to my tanker days loading onto a ship up in the Soo.

Captain watches the circus for a bit and then addresses us. "You men (4) look hungry, come with me." Up onto the ship, walked to the front of the line, "Cook these men whatever they want, they are my guests."

They used gas, but the cast iron food was still amazing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks