Off Topic Carpet for bunks?

Crummybun

Anyone know where to get some carpet for bunks? Everywhere I call is order only. Looking in the Brantford area. Thanks Ben

Got mine in a flooring store but that's in Guelph
They had it in stock
Try flooring stores in your aria ,I used outdoor carpet

Attachments

• 20210508_114353.jpg
    20210508_114353.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 13
Got mine in a flooring store but that's in Guelph
They had it in stock
Try flooring stores in your aria ,I used outdoor carpet
Hey Ticker, who did you use in Guelph? I call around town in Brantford and everyone was order only. 1-2 weeks wait time. I'd rather get it done while I have some time. Thanks Ben

Hey Ticker, who did you use in Guelph? I call around town in Brantford and everyone was order only. 1-2 weeks wait time. I'd rather get it done while I have some time. Thanks Ben
It's called " The carpet store "
He had 2 different colors gray and brown

Some time ago Princess Auto Brantford had bunk carpet. Back when you could get into the store. Might be worth a call.
Might also be worth checking trailerworld on colbourne

Some time ago Princess Auto Brantford had bunk carpet. Back when you could get into the store. Might be worth a call.
Good call on trailer world. I'll call them as well.

Princess autos website is down but Friday is not far away.

This is what I did with mine It helps the wood from rotting because carpet holds moisture.
Only down side its hard on the painted bottoms, it scratches the shinny paint.
Upside it's great for power loading and launching, boat slides off easy, so don't unhook your wench strap till your boat is near the water.

Attachments

• Bunk.JPG
    Bunk.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Bunk1.JPG
    Bunk1.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0268.JPG
    DSCN0268.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Composite is very hard on boats, esp aluminum. Several guys on the Lund pages actually wore down rivets to the point the leaked and even popped out.

I replaced my bunks with 2 layers of construction grade "filter cloth". This stuff if TOUGH and as close as I could find to the original material. I have a 500'x12' roll that I have barely put a dent in.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks