Carpal tunnel surgery?

I am pretty sure an orthopedic surgeon is exactly who does a carpal tunnel release. Mine was done by Dr. Thoma. He was a bit of a jerk but did a good job.
Dr. Thoma is a plastic surgeon. CTS falls in the realm of Neuro, Ortho, and Plastics. If so am getting mine done so would ask for a referral to a Plastic Surgeon.

Doc Sober did mine last Mon stitches come out tomorrow going to meet him at my dock said I will be good to go
That looks like Sobers handiwork but it must of been his son as we was an old man when he did mine in 1983

I had the test and it showed positive. The doctor said wear braces, if they don't cure it, it will be surgery. They have improved, but not cured, it. In the meantime, I mentioned this to chiropractor, massage therapist and osteopath. All said don't do it unless you have to as they have heard a lot of stories of unsuccessful surgeries, and these people are not working together. That said, my dad had it done 40 years ago and it was successful.

All said don't do it unless you have to as they have heard a lot of stories of unsuccessful surgeries

Yea I heard that too but truthfully for every one unsuccessful surgery there have been thousands of successful surgeries. I put it off for 10 years because of the horror stories but that was a huge mistake. It's been almost completely fixed (aside from a little weakness)

Had both hands done three years ago by Dr. Gan at the hand and upper limb clinic in London at St. Josephs. Great success. Rub vitamin E into the incision to reduce scar tissue and you're good to go in about 3 weeks. I think Dr. Gan (an avid fisherman) is retired now. At the time there was a two year waiting list for his surgeries.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks