Carp fishing

Tyler0420

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I don’t post much on here because 90% of my fishing is for carp and I don’t think there’s one other carp angler on here. Yesterday spent the day fishing a Lake Ontario harbor. Most fish came on corn stacks and the two bigger fish and on a boilie topped with floating plastic corn. One of the highlights was catching a mirror carp.

Attachments

• F0EB2A73-52C2-4E1A-8520-74C2F3307CDC.jpeg
    F0EB2A73-52C2-4E1A-8520-74C2F3307CDC.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 118
  • D0FDE100-7F88-4CBB-96C6-52CADD04D49C.jpeg
    D0FDE100-7F88-4CBB-96C6-52CADD04D49C.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 4A4F3059-E825-4664-8731-7C9D6B5818C5.jpeg
    4A4F3059-E825-4664-8731-7C9D6B5818C5.jpeg
    574.6 KB · Views: 97
  • B64C3EBA-B9D7-4169-84CF-B4617A553F3A.jpeg
    B64C3EBA-B9D7-4169-84CF-B4617A553F3A.jpeg
    575.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 0FD48776-007B-4F1B-B146-8CED01981C7A.jpeg
    0FD48776-007B-4F1B-B146-8CED01981C7A.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 7A3D468F-B63E-41C8-BBAF-E2200AB9C303.jpeg
    7A3D468F-B63E-41C8-BBAF-E2200AB9C303.jpeg
    434.8 KB · Views: 117
Carp are a blast to hook into. I hooked into a big one once at Pittock when I was targeting bass in the canoe. Damn thing pulled me all over the reservoir for a good 5 minutes before he tired out. My reel was never the same they is sum kinda ugly tho. You got a couple decent ones there👍👍

I don’t post much on here because 90% of my fishing is for carp and I don’t think there’s one other carp angler on here. Yesterday spent the day fishing a Lake Ontario harbor. Most fish came on corn stacks and the two bigger fish and on a boilie topped with floating plastic corn. One of the highlights was catching a mirror carp.
They are a ton of fun for sure. Every now and then my wife and I take a couple lawn chairs and hit the river banks for carp

They are a ton of fun for sure. Every now and then my wife and I take a couple lawn chairs and hit the river banks for carp
Hey John nothing like a fresh pot of "Thames River carp soup" to put hair on your chest. 😁

1652637874858.png Chris%20Lowe%2055lb%202oz (800x533).jpg

Great job man, I was thinking about getting into it but between ice fishing, spring panfish, trout season and trolling for eyes I’m kinda playing with fire with the wife lol. You ever use the method balls?

Great job man, I was thinking about getting into it but between ice fishing, spring panfish, trout season and trolling for eyes I’m kinda playing with fire with the wife lol. You ever use the method balls?
Get into carping and you won’t wanna catch anything else. Yes most of the time I’m using packbait. (Oats,canned corn, cream corn)

Attachments

• 91A14061-7A7B-4DF2-A5B6-AA43EC77A3EF.jpeg
    91A14061-7A7B-4DF2-A5B6-AA43EC77A3EF.jpeg
    500.9 KB · Views: 19
When I was a kid fishing the shore of BOQ I used to see massive carp but could never get them to bite well over 30 lbs. my personal best fish was a carp that was 36 lbs I caught when I was 16, guy at the pier bought me a case of molson golden for it. Jewish guy, not sure what he did with it but he brought me a piece of it and it was really good. Not sure I’m into keeping them but man they fight hard

When I was a kid fishing the shore of BOQ I used to see massive carp but could never get them to bite well over 30 lbs. my personal best fish was a carp that was 36 lbs I caught when I was 16, guy at the pier bought me a case of molson golden for it. Jewish guy, not sure what he did with it but he brought me a piece of it and it was really good. Not sure I’m into keeping them but man they fight hard
Ya BOQ hold some of the biggest carp in Ontario.

I think you might be surprised at how many carp anglers there are out there. Our family is pretty hardcore when it comes to bass fishing, but carp is right up there as one of our favourite species to target. We've done a few videos and TV shows on carp. Here are a couple if you want to check them out.

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Long Point Bay carp fishing video Averie did by herself...

Sight fishing carp TV show we did.

Cheers,
Ryan

I think you might be surprised at how many carp anglers there are out there. Our family is pretty hardcore when it comes to bass fishing, but carp is right up there as one of our favourite species to target. We've done a few videos and TV shows on carp. Here are a couple if you want to check them out.

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Long Point Bay carp fishing video Averie did by herself...

Sight fishing carp TV show we did.

Cheers,
Ryan
Awesome videos 👍

WOW, nice fish. Carp are one of the world's most popular sportfish, especially in Europe. Their sporting qualities are second to none, and like football - soccer are just becoming popular here. Other than a big channel catfish, few fish fight as well. Many fish like Muskies and Steelhead are sought for their sporting qualities and not as food fish like walleyes and perch. Have caught a few while fishing for other fish, but might give them a go this season for added variety. They seem to be everywhere, does anyone have suggestions of best spots to target them specifically?

WOW, nice fish. Carp are one of the world's most popular sportfish, especially in Europe. Their sporting qualities are second to none, and like football - soccer are just becoming popular here. Other than a big channel catfish, few fish fight as well. Many fish like Muskies and Steelhead are sought for their sporting qualities and not as food fish like walleyes and perch. Have caught a few while fishing for other fish, but might give them a go this season for added variety. They seem to be everywhere, does anyone have suggestions of best spots to target them specifically?
Their everywhere. Piers, channels, bays, rivers, harbors. If you have time bait the area before fishing it.

With trout mostly gone from the rivers, bass opener more than a month away and walleye well west of Bruce and Stanley I usually dedicate a good month around now to carp. They put up a fun fight, require little more than a can of corn and a Y stick in the ground and are a great relaxing way to fish. Heres a little fatty from the float rod the other day

Attachments

• 20220413_195933.jpg
    20220413_195933.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 21
With trout mostly gone from the rivers, bass opener more than a month away and walleye well west of Bruce and Stanley I usually dedicate a good month around now to carp. They put up a fun fight, require little more than a can of corn and a Y stick in the ground and are a great relaxing way to fish. Heres a little fatty from the float rod the other day
Nice chunk.
Are you float fishing them or just using the float rod with a bottom rig.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks