Fishing Report Callendar Bay, Nippising

fireram

Got out of dodge before the storm yesterday.
Spent today on Callendar Bay, Nippising.
Was a great day. Didn’t have to shovel any snow, but did have to work at keeping the holes clear.
Jiggin with minnows. Almost a 3 man limit of walleye and some nice size perch.
8FD72F51-D267-4C59-BAA8-B82CD71C3BA3.jpeg

What were the ice conditions like, as in thickness and consistency?
I'm wanting to take my transport and bobsled, but need a consistent 12" before taking Sally out on the ice.
Sally.jpg
Not asking for a guarantee just your opinion of what you experienced.
Thanks
Dan.

What were the ice conditions like, as in thickness and consistency?
I'm wanting to take my transport and bobsled, but need a consistent 12" before taking Sally out on the ice.
View attachment 53263
Not asking for a guarantee just your opinion of what you experienced.
Thanks
Dan.
That things a weapon bet it could be alot of fun on and off the ice!!!

Ya wow. Nice rig.

I did not actually measure the ice. But definitely 12” or more on average.

Several trucks out here on the weekend. And temps are not conducive for melting anytime soon up here.

I’d say your very safe with that rig.

There a few pressure cracks and Some random good size chunks of ice that had been pushed up before it froze solid. So I wouldn’t wanna be drag racing out here. But your rig should be fine.

Our outfitter had the guys set up in 28-30 fow. On an edge of a bit of drop off. According to the navionics app. I don’t have a sonar to confirm.

Today a little slower. But if we had of been able to eat all of yesterdays we could easily have gotten another three man limit.

Perch and walleye very light bite. Lots of minnow thief’s. However something took my rod and real out of its holder and down the hole faster than I could grab it.

Had a visit from the CO today also. We have him nothing to complain about so all went well. Aside from open beer can outside of hut. My bad. Figured the area around my hut was equal to what I consider my campsite.

Btw. Sot size here has recently changed to
40-45cm. The inch conversion is awkward so just get a metric tape. A1B375E4-CEDE-499F-85C7-11786D2C99D5.jpeg9EC5A693-A72A-431A-AFDB-4ECA482C3AAD.jpeg
30433EC7-708D-489A-8C90-15900D142714.jpeg720DDCF3-7D27-400D-BDF8-B9CB4007A967.jpeg

The Waltonian.
We were the only group there.
Not sure if that’s just cause it’s mid week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks