Cabo fishing Nov. 15

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I Got down here early sunday afternoon to beautiful sunny 80 degree warm weather ...but what a great trip from my door to my apartment door, ya the key to my apartment was in the door knob waiting for me..and my private shuttle driver helped me in with my luggage..ya home sweet home..its been quiet peaceful and clean..no cops no firetrucks no ambulances..I hear a few roosters early am..the people here are friendly with no stress..zero..but me I have been burned out since the stupid time change..now its like what time is ...ya its almost time to go fishin..

Anyway, Today I walked down to the marina slowly, and it was to my suprise they have been catching plenty of fish and yesterday, lots of Mahi Mahi, good numbers of tuna and stripped marlin as well..one panga boat had just come in and buddy was thrilled with nonstop roosterfish with his wife.. casting jigs inshore structure..and the panga boat just infront was out this morning as well capt says he caught a monster wahoo trolling a purple rapala crankbait he showed me..best photo I seen yesterday was a big tuna with a mako taking a big chunk out of it...thats a wow

ya I could of went out fishing right on the spot this afternoon...I spent a couple hours down there..ya to cut the chase I booked a full day charter on a 33 ft blackfin on the new moon Nov 23..I was on the boat with the captain and we had a good discussion on what i wanted, and a early start picking me up at 5am ..

ya thats about it for today..if your looking to go fishing there is plenty of oppurtunity here..

just to mention, if you think this play ground is just for the Americans priced in U>S dollars..I was told by a local fisherman at the marina today there has been Canadians down here sportfishing..that was really nice to hear.. as well as I met a couple hungry for fishing fishermen in row 38 both sides on my Air Canada flight..lol...I am not kidding..they had impressive fish photos they were proud of..

my memory is getting bad but I do remember a small amount of wet snow saturday st.thomas with that cold front moving in and a chilly trip to the airport early sunday..
so no regrets leaving the rest of the snow for you guys to play in..

ok ...ya I woke up this morning early. a couple coffees .and I was out the door just after 5 am and hoofed it right down to the marina looking for a boat..and a crew..

I have settled for less..and we were not the last ones out..
Cabo fishing November 16 2022 007.jpg

Cabo fishing November 16 2022 035.jpg

ya it was a tough bite until we hooked up with a good one just after 10 am..swallowed a live mackerel trolling..

capt Pedro Druck aboard the Marisol II with deck hand Ronnie..we had one dorado hit the outrigger and missed the hookup..seen 4 marlin total..

others with mixed results...happy I went and back by noon..

Attachments

• Cabo fishing November 16 2022 005.jpg
    Cabo fishing November 16 2022 005.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 72
  • Cabo fishing November 16 2022 015.jpg
    Cabo fishing November 16 2022 015.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 70
snowing.. again..well I got a bit to much sun today..its almost like costa rica's ball of fire..

it started out with a nice offshore breeze..and then calmed right down..seeing whales dolphins sea lions..

some boats got tuna & dorados others were skunked..

Mick Ive fished on the Marisol II as well in the past. Also had some amazing trips with RedRums fleet. What I usually do down there is mix up offshore with panga fishing as the inshore bite can be crazy good as you are seeing. Even when its bad you can usually still put something on ice for the grill. Im planning to get back down there in February. Good luck!

muchas gracias for the good luck & good for you Harold making the trip to Cabo..

I will say Pedro & Ronnie on the Marisol II was a great start..

very happy to see the marlin again..and for the first one hooked he put up a great show, with numerous jumps, then he put up a real fight and gotten well over 100+ yards jumping back where we had to reverse gear & reel for some of it..and then finally getting um to the boat..but then he got down and stayed deep ..up a bit and then went deeper holding um yep in and out of gear..ya that fish was something I won't forget and finally landed..the capt. noticed ...and did get some of it on video..

Last edited:
There's a town called El Sargento about 2 hours north of Cabo, it was a small fishing village but taken over by gringo wind enthusiasts from the west coast. Lots of charter opportunities there, but only morning trips as the wind picks up in the afternoon. Worth a look if you want a change of scenery. Also, Los Barriles, great spot as well, a bit different vibe but always see lots of fishing boats. Less windy there as well.

Hi @rastam4n thanks for the info, I have fished 6 hours north by boat to that famous finger bank and had excellent fishing. I am not interested fishing the sea of Cortez..

I am good where I am right here, I rented an apartment in with the locals..we got buses, uber & taxis..Its been all walking for me..this trip is R & R with a bit of fishing..I have a booked flight to Puerto Vallarta Dec. 28 and stay there till mid February.
Its nice to rent a car with a partner and travel a coastline, and stay here, stay there..This trip I am not renting a car...
You mentioned last time you have'nt tried fishing off the Baja..whats with that..

Just to mention I don't have it that easy like an all inclusive trip where you get all you can eat all you can drink..and lounge around the pool all day..your flight your transfers for 1 price.. usually goes for 1 and 2 weeks,
I don't have it that easy, I have an apartment, I just swept. and mopped the floors yesterday, I washed one load of clothes yesterday, and hung them up to dry on our property clothes line, I have to buy the grocerys, I do the cooking, from making coffee and fresh fruit in the morning to making dinner in the evening,
The lady manager here is very nice, and gives me a fresh towel bathroom and dish towel..I don't have to wash the sheets either..
I offered her some marlin to cook.. with the help of google translate..she said 2 pieces please

the day of arrival, sundays meal i went right up the hill after checking in & unpacking I found a neighbourhood pizza shop, those guys were good, and with some english, the pizza was italian it was good & spicy , I said next time i will order the Mexican on a fishing day..the size was Grande and the price was 13.33 CA and come with 4 different spicy sauces..oh ya spicy..but good...no fire yet..

I got a convenient variety store 1 small block up at the corner, good for drinks water, coke, beer, and bought a bag of laundry soap..

I have one apartment next door, 2 young girls that are going to school all day...so there good and quiet..

I have my door open and letting the fresh air in while the birds are cherping, the afternoon i do put my air conditioner on for a couple hours, before dinner making it comfortable to cook and eat..and yes I do the dishes..

I paid the $20 to clean the marlin at the marina..there is designated areas for the guys that pick up your fish from the boat docked and delivered back nicely filleted with bags to share the catch.

I encourage some of you fishermen guys & girls to come down and experience the cabo fishing..And don't worry about having to cook your own catch, Most hotels will cook your fish, and there are restaurants around the marina that will cook your fish as well, I was already asked once walking out with my marlin, and was also told the crooked olive at the marina does a great fish dinner for very reasonable price, I want to check that out, well after I catch a another fish first..

I am just hanging around here.. its 2 hours behind EST at almost 11:30 am..

Last edited:

Iam heading down to the marina for noon hour today and check out some of the mornings catches..today has been overcast since daylight..and

see whats going on..waiting for my wednesdays am trip to fish the new moon is not coming soon enough..I chatted with a guy on the plane all excited on getting out fishing..not yet...hes out with his wife running dune buggys on the Baja today..now thats something I would like to try..

I waited a long time..and here is my one and only new moon for November 23 2022 fishing trip of the season, I booked it with 2000 pesos down payment..reservation for 8 hour trip aboard the Hobby with Capt. Luis..

I ran into Fredi Ready at the marina last tuesday and then introduced right to the Capt. and the boat

i was just browsing Cabo sportfishing charters and ran into this one below...

if he speaks huntin & hookin marlin on the new moon..were good..ya really good

I just messaged Fredi ready justa a reminder for wednesday pickup..hes going whats up Mick..just excited on fishin wed.

ya Iam headin downtown and then the marina this morning...I got to find and get some head & neck gear cover for that sun..I left my custom made sun gear at home..so stupid..

Last edited:
Hey Thanks @stomp .but I will pass on your straw hat thanks ...that looks to picky for me...ya how stupid can i get leaving my headcovers hats at home..I see Amazon Mexico has a couple nice ones..but I won`t get it in time for wednesday..

I also got a get a fishing licence today too..I sure had to back peddle on having one last time out..omg ..I said I had one in my pack, but...ummm..well

I haven`t bought one in years ..so I am heading out soon ..for effective head gear and a licence..

this waiting around in the berbs to go fishing is ridiculious...last night there was some local loud outdoor entertainment sounded pretty good..locals were having fun..but I was a little to shy to go down..

I must say way to go on that med diet dish..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks