Burwell

fishing girl pink

We had a great day. Lost lots at the back of the boat. 185 with the dipsy. Chrome rrf was great action today. 10 color led did well today too. Bumpy going out . Started fishing at 61 fow straight out. 63 was hot. ❤️🎣

Fishing girl pink and a number of others, reporting on 10 colour leadcore use in a number of the latest reports. I have noticed, as I am relative new to the leadcore experience, that there are two types in use. One is considered high perfomance, has a smaller diameter and Is claimed to attain a depth of 7 feet per colour. The other “ conventional“ type, that has been prevalent for years and is still likely the most popular sinks at a rate of 5 feet per colour. Both are coloured in 10 yard (30 foot) increments.

So my question is: Which is are you using? My simple math would put your trolling depth at +/- 70 ft if it’s the high performance stuff, but only +/- 50 ft if it’s the conventional stuff. That’s a huge difference. The main reason for my curiosity is that 7 colour high performance l.c. ( 49 feet of running depth) hasn’t produced jack for me lately. Any help to clarify would be greatly appreciated. 🙏🏻🤔👍🏻

I know why my lead core doesn't produce, but I'd be interested in what those who stand by it have to say about the two kinds and their results. 🌻

I know why my lead core doesn't produce, but I'd be interested in what those who stand by it have to say about the two kinds and their results. 🌻
Never in the water 😉 ? I haven’t had any luck with it this year 🤬.

I run the 832 Advanced myself. I'm not sure what speed is supposed produce 7' of depth per colour. We generally fish 2- 3.5 mph on the gps. In 50' of water I can drop 10 colours and not hit bottom 99% of the time. 💁‍♂️

I run a body bait on at least 1 lead rod, that way I know I'm getting the action I'm looking for. Then I can dial the speed in from there.

I don't run downriggers so it ether lead, dipsys or flat lines. They all seem to have their days.

Crummybun:

That is the same stuff I have been trying this year. I think most trolling data charts that I have seen seem to lean toward 2 mph as the “standard” for speed. I know that the “advanced” stuff has a smaller diameter than the standard stuff and that difference in diameter is theorized to allow it to run deeper for that reason (less drag = more depth). Of course, I am relying on gps data for speed, which I have learned, here on the site, can be way off, due to current. I tend to troll at around 3 to 3.25 mph by gps, though I vary it intentionally if that’s not working. I know that increasing the speed significantly will decrease the depth I am achieving, but, I have not seen any data on how much effect it might be having. I didn’t have any rods with 10 colours spooled on to them, so at one point I had 7 colours out with body bait that is supposed to dive to 20 feet and still did not get any fish joy. I did vary it from 5 all the way to 7 colours out, thinking I might have been too deep, but it still did not generate any action.

I do believe that a couple of weeks ago, with an RRF out on a 10 ft leader behind 7 colours, I was making some bottom contact in about 52 feet of water. I thought at first it was some tentative walleye bites, but it all stopped once I crossed the 54 foot threshold and did not repeat as I continued out to deeper water. I may have to spool on 3 more colours before the season is over to see if that produces anything. In the meantime, the dipsy divers have producing well at around 150 back so I am mostly relying on them lately.

Sorry f.g.p. I think I highjacked your thread - not my intention. Over and out.

@Reel-ist I think for the most part you're hitting a good range of depths with the 7 colours. I always run mine straight out the back so I don't have to have multiple lead setups, just reel in or let out. I would think that with some deep divers on your 7 colours you could hit any depth you need to. I do love a rrf on lead myself, as long as it dosent come with any farm animals...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks