Burwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

coberfam

Hoping to get out fishing at Burwell Thursday morning. Winds looks like they should be light by 10am. Planning on leaving port at 9:30 for my last trip of the year. If anyone can confirm that this is going to be a good plan, please let me know as my wife doesn’t like big waves.

Looks like the lake will be very rough today. 6 footers from west/southwest at least. Wind moves to north/northwest by midnight then stays offshore and light tomorrow. Plan on heading out of Burwell also. Not sure how long it will take the northerly winds to knock down the waves from today.

@coberfam , Thursday morning at 9am you would be heading out with a 8kts offshore wind. Not bad - going over the backs to 2/3 ft waves by the time you reach 60 FOW. Around 1 pm the wind changes to on shore 8kts and builds to 10kts by 4pm. Ride in at 10kts is 3.4ft roller. Surfing over the backs of waves both ways. -It's doable wally chop. 20ft boat or greater would be more enjoyable, but you aren't pounding into the waves at least. (Based on current windy.com forecast)

Heading down to Burwell in the morning. We will see if it is worth taking the boat from the dock. SUPPOSED to be switching to NW 10 mph then to WNW tomorrow 5-10 MPH

Thursday morning looks fishable but I don’t think it’ll be flat by any means likely be perfect left over rollers and some 1 ft chop kinda thing I’m gonna try Friday it just depends on what your comfortable with and what your rig can handle I’m in a 20ft inboard/outboard anything under 4 footers is do able but gotta be carful and not get cocky she can change in a hurry

There’s Michael Jordan sized waves out there right now
Not quite 10 footers 👍

7-10 footers is a bit ruff but what if the fish are biting????? Lol
I laughed when the guy at the one place we were staying at said it’s too rough there’s white caps
The little mini white caps were cute 🥹

I'll be at Burwell about 8am tomorrow and heading out. Tomorrow looks better than Friday Saturday Sunday from here, trying to read tea leaves..
Alumacraft 205.

I was down to Burwell after supper and the waves were big. I don't know but I wouldn't expect things to calm down for morning.

Windfinder is saying winds are going to calm down Thurs, then get quiet over night. Friday morning they will shift south, then west. My thought is that Friday PM will be great, but I'm booked. Hoping Friday AM will work - forecast says 0.7 ft waves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks