Fishing Report Burwell, Wednesday Sept 12th

hvyhaul

Made it down to Erie this morning with my neighbour and brother in law, only to find that WindFinder, Windy, etc were a little off the mark.

Overcast, stronger winds than forecast, greater wave heights than forecast, but but what the hey, the three of us were on the water, so lets get at it.

Heading out I realized, no speed on the FishHawk boat transducer.... damn, forgot to take off the elastic, no problem, I can live with that, it is the probe speed I need. :oops::confused:

Ran out into the low 50's, didn't mark a lot of fish. What was seen including bait was down low near bottom. Some fish were higher but scattered, none appeared collectively in schools.

My neighbour and I started setting up about 08 15. The first floro leader I grabbed didn't have a clasp on its swivel. I got a new clasp and very carefully tied it onto the leader, and then promptly threw it and the spoon over the side of the boat without attaching it to the dipsy, snubber, and braid spooled rod.

Plooonk. Doh! :banghead::banghead:

Oh, man, if this doesn't get any better, it's going to be a very long day. :rolleyes::rolleyes::(

There was no hot and heavy today, it was slow and methodical, we moved West, then East, deeper and shallower, with no significant change in action.

Tried and true lures were disappointing, and there didn't seem to be anything fancied above one lure or another.

We had one tangle from side slipping in the wind and waves, and a couple during fighting fish, which resulted in losing one of them. Eh? It happens. :)

All in all, in spite of the stronger winds and waves and the scattered fish, shortly after noon, when the skies finally cleared and the Sun came out, all lines were pulled, and the three of us headed in with 18 Walleye. Perfect timing weather guy. :finger:

Got to play a little bit with my GoPro, landed 22 Walleye, lost two, released four, landed a handful of Silver Bass, all released, and not a single Sheephead.

Conclusion, no matter what dumb things went down today, a day on Erie with friends is better than dealing with the :poop: at work.

Gonna have to figure out some way to do this more often..... a lot more often.:)

Nice report hvyhaul found myself laughing, if it can happen it will happen never say never! Seems as tho no matter how long you’ve been at it there’s always a new “F” up or perhaps a repeat From long ago! Christ don’t forget to check ure knots I lost 100’ copper line last Friday to an old connection f#^kin dummy! Tight lines

We all have "one of those days" every once in awhile but hey you were still successful, nice report. (y) :giggle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks