Burwell trip July 6-10

Sportfish 2050

Made it down to Burwell with the wife for 4 nights, tried our luck fishing even on th 2 rough days but sadly only managed 4 eyes and 3 bows...
My spoon box is just sparkling they are so clean !! We tried anywhere from 45 to 60 fow running downriggers and dipseys down 20 to 35' picked the bows up on cheaters with small orange flutter spoons, and the eyes on purple/ black spoon, copper/ orange and a worm harness. Spoke with many other anglers and some were picking a few up, some not but said they are not there yet . Will give it another go next month.

I have more bows in the box this year than I caught in the prior 3 years.

The Walleye should be turning on anytime, but I don't recall 82 degree water in the past few years. 77 - 78 for sure, but 82 no.

Was up in the French river Wolseley Bay Area and the water temp was almost 85. Attached a picture zoom in on the top screen

Attachments

• EB406A40-0FD5-4C93-B84C-CA0C8A1F3E5A.jpeg
    EB406A40-0FD5-4C93-B84C-CA0C8A1F3E5A.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 42
@Wolkovitch. I was up there last year and my ff was crazy full, nothing would bite. Did you have better luck?
Same here man. Nothing would bite, I was throwing everything at them... eventually I just went into the back bays that are supposed to be loaded with bass and pike... nothing it was weird. Talked to a bunch of other guys and they all said the same nothing was biting.

Pickerel River was dead too. Water was super warm and fish were down deep and inactive.

Attachments

• 65483DC2-B64A-4F1C-9F0B-961B120A962F.jpeg
    65483DC2-B64A-4F1C-9F0B-961B120A962F.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 26
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks