Burwell today Aug 19

Toad

Well haven’t posted for a while so thought I might let everyone know what’s going on at Burwell. Went out this morning to a perfect lake. Started in 52 feet was a slow go until we got to 56 then hit a spot with steady fishing. We ended going 18 for 24 putting 6 smalls back. And only one sheep. It was the biggest sheep I have ever seen I would guess it at 15 pounds. This sheep’s rear end looked like 20 of them Taliban fellows had their way with this poor bugger. For the first time this year AC Shiners only put half in the boat the rest was spoons. Dipseys on 3 back 140 and 1.5 on the inside at 95. No rings on the dipseys

Attachments

• 5C148E00-7DA1-49C4-9EC4-A4DCEEC96539.jpeg
    5C148E00-7DA1-49C4-9EC4-A4DCEEC96539.jpeg
    311.3 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for the report. I’m headed down there as we speak. I have been fishing west of Port the last few times I went out. Should I stay that direction or Head east

Thanks for the report. I’m headed down there as we speak. I have been fishing west of Port the last few times I went out. Should I stay that direction or Head east
Yes west has been good for a while now for me. In saying that I started east today only getting a few. When I got a bit west fishing got much better

Good going Toad. We fished the same area as you with little luck. One sheep and 2 wallys. Tried spoons RRF. Riggers and dipseys. Nothing worked for us. Glad you got them dialed in.

Was out today as well. Mark lots in 57 fow but couldn't get them to bite. Trolled out deeper than back to 57. Managed one man limit with 6 lb fish the largest. Lost one coming to boat, missed about four strikes and landed a large Sheephead. All but 2 were caught on greasy chicken and black dipsey

Attachments

• -g21dgn.jpg
    -g21dgn.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 13
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks