Burwell Thursday- Newb question #2

FrankReynolds

Hey guys,

Complete newb question number 2... according to windfinder the winds are going to lower (5kts) and coming from the south... are these conditions good??? I have a 16' bowrider..

Also where abouts are the perch.. any luck at the sandhills or silver barn???

Thanks guys

Depending on where you are, a south wind is an on-shore wind, generally means rougher water.

Well thats good to know... so .hypothetically speaking what would be ideal knots and wind direction for calmer waters?

Thanks guys :)

windfinder is showing wind from the north to the south, which usually would mean that the first mile or so in most cases would be clam and then even way out at 5knots there would not be much of a wave.
you want some kind of a breeze or the bugs are just nasty.

ideally i like fishing myself in 10 or less, but will head out with the right people in more

My opinion thursday looks like a perfect day , ideal conditions for taking family out ( by today's prediction).

Thanks @smokey1 looks like thursday is the day for the family fishing trip.. going with my wife and parents.

Are the perch in burwell, or do we have to head out to hastings? Thx man

If you can make your way to Hastings,try and go there,you won't be disappointed. I'm going out in the morning for eyes first and then heading over to Hastings.

we fished this morning right at the last windmill and did all right ,,,,not huge numbers but half a cooler full ..51 fow ,,,the wind was picking up a bit at noon ,,Dutch

I'm going out first thing in the morning,I believe perch fishing is good any time of the day at Hastings.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks