Burwell Sunday Aug 31

bkerr

Buddy showed up an hour early at my place (4 am). Heard a vehicle crawling down the road then pulled in my yard. Almost invoked a tactical response before I realized it was him and remembered he was afraid of our gravel road chipping the paint on his new truck. Sad that we have become so impacted by break in and thefts out in the country. As a result we got to the launch and out to the lake with nav lights still on. Morning and early afternoon was kind of slow except for the sheep heads but things turned on later in the afternoon. Fished 52-69 ft, best was 59-64. Anything purple - spoons, RRFs, Bomber long A did the best. Did get a couple on an orange crush spoon and a blue/silver rrf. Caught more sheep than I have all season, with a couple of huge ones that made me think I had snagged a net. Lost as many walleye as we caught on the way to or at the boat. Grrr! Left for home about 6 pm with 4 each. Will be hitting the lake again on Saturday to have enough for a wee cookout of venison, bear and walleye for our sons group of Jeep friends on Sunday afternoon.

Buddy showed up an hour early at my place (4 am). Heard a vehicle crawling down the road then pulled in my yard. Almost invoked a tactical response before I realized it was him and remembered he was afraid of our gravel road chipping the paint on his new truck. Sad that we have become so impacted by break in and thefts out in the country. As a result we got to the launch and out to the lake with nav lights still on. Morning and early afternoon was kind of slow except for the sheep heads but things turned on later in the afternoon. Fished 52-69 ft, best was 59-64. Anything purple - spoons, RRFs, Bomber long A did the best. Did get a couple on an orange crush spoon and a blue/silver rrf. Caught more sheep than I have all season, with a couple of huge ones that made me think I had snagged a net. Lost as many walleye as we caught on the way to or at the boat. Grrr! Left for home about 6 pm with 4 each. Will be hitting the lake again on Saturday to have enough for a wee cookout of venison, bear and walleye for our sons group of Jeep friends on Sunday afternoon.
I meant Monday Aug 31

Yeah the most bites Monday were Sheephead and those fr@#%ng flies.

Neighbour killed 100, 500 of their relatives showed up to tune us up.
The flies were brutal! There were 1000s of the on the boat at one time. The fly swatter was working overtime. Quadruple headers in one seat were common. Now I gotta clean them out!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks