Burwell Rainbows and Walleye

dawson29

Just asking some of you well experienced anglers if there would be any true hope into hooking into any eyes or possibly rainbows yet. The migration doesn't usually start until a little later but I'm wondering if anybody has had luck this time of year. Any advice for a novice fisherman?;)

They are there and have been caught. Many have been tight lipped about it. I have had success the last two times I have tried out of Burwell.

Go out and give her a try you may be surprised

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

dawson29 - Herefishyfishy be telling the truth. I have seen his results. They are there - maybe a little lower numbers - but if I remember correctly, they aren't even in that deep of water.

i caught 2 nice eyes last friday. fished in front of bruce between 45-50ft and they liked the colour orange. both on dipseys #3 setting 150 back

Well I'm not the most experienced angler by and means but I went out last Friday afternoon for 6+ hours 38-57 fow
Used spoons, reef runners, hot lips. On riggers , lead core, dipsys, and boards fished 10-45ft in the water column, 1.8-3mph just west of burwell and came home with an empty cooler caught 1 silver bass on a 7 color with a dark red spoon. I no things can change in a couple days but I wouldn't get my hopes up on filling any tickets

Hey dawson29,

We have been out a couple times now mostly out of port bruce. Lots of silvers and farm animals but we did manage a couple walleyes this week. One off a dipsey back 53' on a 3 setting and the other on a stacker down 20' and back 100' both fish were caught in 46 fow. Your cousin Tim netted the fish for me.Let me know if you wanna get out for a run with us.

Phil.

Yesterday out of Port Bruce we picked up 4 walleye in 57-61 fow.
8 & 10 colour leadcore off planner boards. All on worm harnesses with some pink on them.
Hits were very light with only one popping the release.
3 bows in the same area off downriggers (30-40 feet down)on spoons with pink on them.
Tried other colours but for us it was a pink day. Body baits produced nothing.
Also a few sheaphead and silver bass off both the the leadcore & spoons.

Hey Dawson29.... Let me know when you wanna go so we can set it up bud! We were out yesterday for a few hours 46' to 58' FOW we had a bunch of knock offs on the riggers but only landed a few sheeps and a couple silvers off of the dipsy's.Nothing on the Leadcore! We tried everthing but worm harnesses..LOL! Should have been a bit deeper I guess! Way to go Woodsman!

Good going Woodsman! Glad to see that symbol of bravery out here. Wish you more luck out there the fishing will only get better
SB

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks