Burwell perch

canslayer

wAS OUT AT bURWELL Wednesday..... 4&1/2 HRS 2 GUYS 53 fish....a lot smaller than last week.. We threw back quite a few... Not what my past experience at Burwell has been.... Was up 2 the west with the pack....Saw lots of other boats pulin them in....Goin agin Friday,,,hope the size improves,,,anybudy else there score big on Wednesday?

canslayer, I guess I was part of the pack as well, maybe at the far end. I was west of Burwell at the end of the Wind Turbines. We didn't kill them but ended up with 48 over 8" . We had lots in the 10-12" range. Once we found them it would have been pretty easy to stay until we had our limit. I posted therefore my report should be available down the page somewhere.

Thanks for the reply Arn.... I was up there again 2day with even less luck...we brought home 45 ... 4 guys 4 hrs...were all over the place up at the west end....

Thanks for the reply Arn.... I was up there again 2day with even less luck...we brought home 45 ... 4 guys 4 hrs...were all over the place up at the west end....
Albert and I plan to try the north shore of the outer Long Point Bay tomorrow. Really surprised you didn't do better today. 45 in 4 hours with 4 guys is not great but I've done worse. Actually, from the info I gathered we will be lucky to do as well tomorrow. Canvasback (John) is going to try the Long Point side and we'll compare notes at the end of the day. I've got zero interest in freezing fish in June so if we get enough to eat I won't be overly disappointed. The grandchildren got most of the fish we caught Wednesday but I got a sore back filleting my share. I spent a little time improving my cleaning station setup today.

Albert and I plan to try the north shore of the outer Long Point Bay tomorrow. Really surprised you didn't do better today. 45 in 4 hours with 4 guys is not great but I've done worse. Actually, from the info I gathered we will be lucky to do as well tomorrow. Canvasback (John) is going to try the Long Point side and we'll compare notes at the end of the day. I've got zero interest in freezing fish in June so if we get enough to eat I won't be overly disappointed. The grandchildren got most of the fish we caught Wednesday but I got a sore back filleting my share. I spent a little time improving my cleaning station setup today.
Well Arn, we would have done a lot better but our boat driver was intent on us leaving at 2:30 & we had just got in2 them for about an hr or so & they were just turning on,,,so I'm sure the numbers would have been bettr had we put in a little more time,,,, anyway,,thats fishing..... gud luk 2 u & Albert,,, if any1 can find them,,I'm sure you have a good shot at it.... Where is Canvasback heading? & is he targeting perch & does he write on this forum?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks