Fishing Report Burwell - Monday, August 21st.

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was invited to join "Ice Fisherman" Emil, his eldest son and long time mutual fishing buddy, Paul "Plau64" this morning at Burwell. Hope I have Paul's handle right. We ended up with 24 "keeper" walleye and 1 sheep-head by 9:10 am. Not even a breeze when we started but pretty bumpy coming in. I guess the wind forecast wasn't very accurate, but, we've all been there before. Added a photo of the three of us.

Attachments

• 20230821_100039.JPG
    20230821_100039.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 128
I was invited to join "Ice Fisherman" Emil, his eldest son and long time mutual fishing buddy, Paul "Plau64" this morning at Burwell. Hope I have Paul's handle right. We ended up with 24 "keeper" walleye and 1 sheep-head by 9:10 am. Not even a breeze when we started but pretty bumpy coming in. I guess the wind forecast wasn't very accurate, but, we've all been there before. Added a photo of the three of us.
Always the million dollar question…….what depths were you finding then at. Went out this evening at had a lot less luck than you.

I was invited to join "Ice Fisherman" Emil, his eldest son and long time mutual fishing buddy, Paul "Plau64" this morning at Burwell. Hope I have Paul's handle right. We ended up with 24 "keeper" walleye and 1 sheep-head by 9:10 am. Not even a breeze when we started but pretty bumpy coming in. I guess the wind forecast wasn't very accurate, but, we've all been there before. Added a photo of the three of us
Nice fishin guys. Ashley and I had our 12, plus half a dozen through backs in 1.5 hours this morning. But I think my kidneys are a little bruised from the pounding ride in. Then I see the lake was flat in the afternoon…..can’t figure this weather out this year😵‍💫

Attachments

• 336E1C15-652B-4F5D-9BAE-1929B9E4A0E2.jpeg
    336E1C15-652B-4F5D-9BAE-1929B9E4A0E2.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 67
  • DFD160AE-04C1-4D08-BF13-1D5808A39DC4.jpeg
    DFD160AE-04C1-4D08-BF13-1D5808A39DC4.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Always the million dollar question…….what depths were you finding then at. Went out this evening at had a lot less luck than you.
Yeah, We started a long way out at 58' and trolled to the 63 foot level. We were down about 40 - 50' most of the time with a fancy custom painted Ripplin Redfin doing the best ( Big colored dots) . The most and biggest walleye were caught at the start of 63 fow. My legs are still sore from the ride back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks