Fishing Report Burwell live

So, I tried a yak attack today. On water early, headed straight out with the dozens of other boats with the same idea. Windy said off shore 6mph increasing until about lunch then switching to onshore by 2-ish. LOOKING out from shore...from the harbour....not bad, so it looked. Going out...as I got further from shore, it got rougher and rougher....and wind, stronger....way beyond 6mph. At about 55'...it was not nice. I could see you big boats bouncing and bobbing so hopefully, you either had gravol or somebody would be 'chumming' the water.

Trolled spoon and RRF from about 40 (still in mudline) to about 55 (still in hazy water). Realized it was going to take a bit more speed management with the wind and waves so switched to harnesses....and ran eastward. Soon, turned straight back in against wind and trolled for about 15min. But with waves going over the bow frequently...and knowing its going to blow harder before it gets easier....I pulled lines and made the break for home. Probably the 2nd roughest day out in my 7 years of GL yak fishing.

Good on ya guys for catching.

King Joe Outa Here!

Heading out for the 2 hour drive to Burwell. Is it worse than expected in winds and waves?? Planned on being there for maybe 4:00??

first time at Burwell. What launch do you guys suggest?? Coming from Milton ont.

Saw @King Joe on our way out this morning around 7:30. We went out to 60FOW and trolled to 62. Packed it up around 9:30 with a big fat skunk when my boy started looking green.

Marking fish around 25 feet down but couldn't get them to hit. Mostly tried dipsies and spoons at various depths but threw out a gold/black RRF on 5 colour after struggling to get hits on dipsies, which also got no love.

Couldn't figure them out this morning! Definitely more wind than expected, from the northeast it got rougher the farther out you got but very fishable for my 17 footer. Congrats to @Teddy69, I'm glad someone was catching them but it sure wasn't me!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks