Burwell launches

DaveJ

What would be the best Burwell launch for a 22' walkaround? I'm usually by myself.

I turned left after the bridge on the weekend and was not impressed. Was a free for all, no organization unlike in the years past. I will definitely be trying big Otter my next trip.

I have a ramp pass for BIG Otter. Great people to deal with and when it's busy there is usually someone to direct traffic. Shuttle up the hill to park in a big field where if you care about your vehicle you don't have to park to close!! I'm the one that parks at the mall way out in the farthest parking spot. Think it $20 bucks. $200 for ramp pass.
How was your fishing, @killshot . My boat is in for the Autopilot and new Throttle Shifter handle. Hope to have it back soon.

Yeah unfortunately Port Burwell Marina has new owners but all the same problems as last year. Zero help at ramps. Big guy likes to take your money and sit down. Needs new ramp tender. MHO

@Way She Goes, It was our first trip of the year to Burwell. Was a great trip we only brought home 2 walleye, lost a bow and 2 walleye but it was a great day out on the water. That is great news about your auto pilot. You will really like it. I know we really enjoy fishing with ours. It has made it more enjoyable. We use it for trolling and steaming out to the fishing grounds. I have been playing with the S turn feature and works great.

Yeah unfortunately Port Burwell Marina has new owners but all the same problems as last year. Zero help at ramps. Big guy likes to take your money and sit down. Needs new ramp tender. MHO
My family and I went to Port Burwell Marina this past weekend for some walleye fishing.

Considering how extremely busy it was we got to meet the owner and he even helped us guide our boat in and let me tell you there wer a lot of boats using their triple boat ramp. Someone was at the parking lot to help guide trailers into their parking spot as well as someone selling us minnows, pop & ice in their minnow hut and was as pleasant as could be.

To top it off... as we wer leaving the ramp we heard that someone had beached their boat on the west side of the rocks and the owner went running to go out and rescue these poor people who wer stranded in their own boat. Now, from what I've witnessed first hand is that the owners from Port Burwell Marina go over and above for their customers and you don't get that kind of service from anywhere else around there.

I am throughly impressed and will tell anyone else to go there and find out for yourself just how accommodating Port Burwell Marina really is.

Oh and just an FYI.. we did catch some great walleye that day !!

The new people seem nice, but I was there at a slow time so there was no chance to see how they run the show when it’s busy. Give them time to adjust as needed. A friendly offer of how to make customers happier might help them out….

As for the old owners, I often fish alone and they helped me almost every time. On busy days the bigger guy would be shuttling people with the golf cart to get things moving quicker. Also saw them helping many others.

I’ve always been treated well and have never been to big otter simply because I had no reason to stop using the one south of the bridge. I’ll have to check it out sometime

My family and I went to Port Burwell Marina this past weekend for some walleye fishing.

Considering how extremely busy it was we got to meet the owner and he even helped us guide our boat in and let me tell you there wer a lot of boats using their triple boat ramp. Someone was at the parking lot to help guide trailers into their parking spot as well as someone selling us minnows, pop & ice in their minnow hut and was as pleasant as could be.

To top it off... as we wer leaving the ramp we heard that someone had beached their boat on the west side of the rocks and the owner went running to go out and rescue these poor people who wer stranded in their own boat. Now, from what I've witnessed first hand is that the owners from Port Burwell Marina go over and above for their customers and you don't get that kind of service from anywhere else around there.

I am throughly impressed and will tell anyone else to go there and find out for yourself just how accommodating Port Burwell Marina really is.

Hey Dani, welcome aboard! that was a lovely review you gave ill be sure to check them out when I finally decide to give Burwell a try

I can tell you for sure the new owners go above and beyond. Not only dad Chris go out to rescue the stranded boat but done several thousand dollars damage to his own boat in the 4-5 foot breaker’s. And after all that went out with a customer on another boat to rescue the boat. His determination to help was amazing he was offered money from the rescued boater and refused it. Please believe me these people are top notch.

FWIW-- If you are by yourself, as I am a lot, I find the short docks at Big Otter add a challenge both launching and leaving. By the time my 18 foot floats off the trailer and I get back to grab the ropes, the back end is already past or close to past the dock and when I have to load it, not a lot of room from the end of the trailer to the boat. Only once did someone offer to help, and he was someone who had a trailer there, not one of the staff, busy or not. I'd take a drive by each and have a look if I was you For sure you have a longer dock that will easily give you room solo on the south side of the bridge I have only used big otter this year, and that was based on the line up, but I have used both in the past. Pros and cons on each one, and for the most part, I find the ramp rodeo show has as much to do with the folks you follow in as the folks who take your cash I also find chatting as you wait reduces the gong show aspect.

@Way She Goes, It was our first trip of the year to Burwell. Was a great trip we only brought home 2 walleye, lost a bow and 2 walleye but it was a great day out on the water. That is great news about your auto pilot. You will really like it. I know we really enjoy fishing with ours. It has made it more enjoyable. We use it for trolling and steaming out to the fishing grounds. I have been playing with the S turn feature and works great.

Love my autopilot most times.

For some reason every so often it loses its settings. Was all out of whack first time out this year. Software is up to date so it isn't that.

Oh yeah, be careful where you set your phone down.

Put it in the right place and if you don't catch it right away it can tie everything behind you into a gorgeous knot. LOL

Oh yeah, be careful where you set your phone down.

Put it in the right place and if you don't catch it right away it can tie everything behind you into a gorgeous knot. LOL
Yeah and it’s not just cell phones either. Watch anything even slightly magnetic as you sometimes don’t realize how much is magnetic. Even screw drivers you use to adjust your dispeys can make your boat do circles if they have a magnetic tip. And make sure you warn all passengers with you so no one sets anything near it that could mess with the magnetic heading reading

I found for the autopilot when I change directions I need to give it a second moving towards the new heading before I hit the N button again or it try’s to send me back in the old heading

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks