Burwell July 31

herefishyfishy

Fished this morning till 2:00PM

Started slightly east of port in 54FOW and trolled to 62 without getting a sniff....headed back to the upper 50's and picked up 4 eyes and 1 bow and some silvers in the mix along with the usual farm animals. Eyes ranged from 3lbs to 7lbs

No noticeable pattern, all took fish (ie core, dipsy, riggers with spoons and body baits).

Lost a bunch at the back of the boat as well.

Nice day to be out, winds cooperated for a change.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

Decent! I heard guys were doing well 20 miles out in 70 fow but if you can get a few closer running out that far doesn't make much sense.

Decent! I heard guys were doing well 20 miles out in 70 fow but if you can get a few closer running out that far doesn't make much sense.

Isn't that where the freighters run? What is the proper procedure if you happen to be near a freighter, other than get the heck out of the way?

Great to hear a report from a little closer then 66+, Thanks for the info and great catch! Still trying to figure out if the Elbow or Burwell is my better choice for the weekend.

Albert, if I hear you are heading into the shipping lanes with your Bass Boat, I'm suspending your boaters license.

Albert, if I hear you are heading into the shipping lanes with your Bass Boat, I'm suspending your boaters license.

I not as dumb as I look, John. That is something I would do with you in your rig. Soon????!!!

first post. 4 pm til 830 54 - 57 fow. 4 pics landed lost a bunch. had to keep sheephead off lines every 5 mins.

I not as dumb as I look, John. That is something I would do with you in your rig. Soon????!!!

I've been trying to get out on this water for a week, no luck, when I'm available so are the mid summer winds, when it's dead calm I'm not, because I'm probably in Hamilton wishing I wasn't. Maitland is not producing, they may be headed west already, or not??????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks