Fishing Report Burwell July 2nd, 3rd and 4th...head for the Hills.

maytagman

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late Fri afternoon, break in the storms headed out for a few hours, 2 fishers, 4 lines, 8 walleye. Watched storms pouring on land, had rain 20 mins otherwise sunny.
Sat 10 am start 3 fishers, 6 lines, 18 in the box.
Sun10 am with the Queen, 2 fishers, 4 lines, kept 12, caught more. 6,7 lead,..... dipsy, rigger nadda. 7 was king with anything purple, had a killer box lunch.
Left my phone in the trailer, no pics.

Late Fri afternoon, break in the storms headed out for a few hours, 2 fishers, 4 lines, 8 walleye. Watched storms pouring on land, had rain 20 mins otherwise sunny.
Sun10 am with the Queen, 2 fishers, 4 lines, kept 12, caught more. 6,7 lead,..... dipsy, rigger nadda. 7 was king with anything purple, had a killer box lunch.
Was out tonight with 2 of us. 8 pics and 2 bows. Found same as you that purple was key but we were opposite that lead was dead and all on dipsys. Out of curiosity what depth were you in

Nice @maytagman, never put the lead in the water on Sunday, figured if the fish refused all the other offerings it would be used.

Colours? Nothing really stood out, maybe Pink Pantys out performed the other spoons but downsizing seemed to be more effective than colour.

Now that’s good fishing!!

Great day

Okay to say how many you catch but be carful listing how many you take home, the limit is a total of 6 INCLUDING the freezer. I believe that MNR does monitor some of these fishing forums. Not preaching just trying to save a ticket or rod removal.

Okay to say how many you catch but be carful listing how many you take home, the limit is a total of 6 INCLUDING the freezer. I believe that MNR does monitor some of these fishing forums. Not preaching just trying to save a ticket or rod removal.
Absolutely...........personally I do not stock the freezer, prefer to eat them fresh. Last season I live released 90% of all fish allotted to me. In the 80,s I live released 100% unless mortally wounded, Steelhead, Salmon , Trout....did that for 20 years. Thrill is in catching not eating. 3-4 years ago when the little guys were stacked up we ate quite a few of those little tenderloins. Thanks though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks