Burwell July 10

ShortRod

Went out this am for a quick run with a couple of buddies.
Was surprised to see the lake churning good but we gave it a try. Picked up a quick double header and wished could have stayed with the pod but the winds didn’t let us do that so we kept trucking till my buddy got green. So we went back in. By then Mother Nature was showing her teeth.
Picked up 5 nice eaters. Enough for a meal for all of us.
51-63 fow on lead and Dipsy

better days ahead

Herefishyfishy

Thanks for the report let’s hope by the time we can safely get out again a bunch of hungry eyes are waiting. Any particular speed?

till my buddy got green.
Have had that happen to me 2 times in their boats.
Luckily I was able to take over the boats.
Water never gets to me. Been in some pretty rough situations.
Now smelling someone else's puke hits me quickly.
Sometimes a quicker speed helps with the scent.

3 words - Extra Strength Gravol
I have been barfing on boats since I was a kid.
Doesnt stop me from going out but can it sure can take the edge off a good day on the water.
After 20 yrs of marriage about 2 years ago my wife asked me why I dont take Gravol before I go out. "Probably wont make much difference for me" I said. But I tried it to prove it wouldnt work. Have not had a problem in 2 years, even with others in the boat that didnt take any turning green. Now I take it unless the forecast is for glass smooth water. For myself and to share, I now have a box in the truck glove box, the tackle box, and the glove box of the boat right next to the bottle of Gaviscon, because next to barfing on the boat, nothing ruins a day on the water like a raging case of heartburn.
I asked my doctor about taking the Ginger Gravol and the medication Gravol at the same time and was told that because they work on different body processes, they would have an additive effect on nausea, with no added side effects or issues. Only side effect for me was the intense Ginger flavored burps, but a good slug of Budwieser Prohibition Brew (zero alcohol) fixed that. I found that I really didnt need the ginger in addition to the extra strength stuff.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks