Burwell help / starting point / info share

Puddle Jumper

I am heading to Port burwell in the morning with a coworker.

Will be first trip to Burwell and having fished lake erie in 6 weeks.

Is there any specific direction to head or depth to set up in ??

Usually I head south and set up in 56 fow and troll south until we find, Mark, catch fish.

Expect to have lines in by 6 am

So if any one wants to share info on water
Pm me your cell # or vhf handle
I always take my handheld along

I would head straight out or port into 59-61 FOW then start getting lines out, we’ve always had good luck trolling towards the east then turning back around and heading west

I would head straight out or port into 59-61 FOW then start getting lines out, we’ve always had good luck trolling towards the east then turning back around and heading west
I also hear the fish are deep, set your riggers to 45’ and your dipseys on a 2 or 3 setting at 125’-135’ back

I am heading to Port burwell in the morning with a coworker.

Will be first trip to Burwell and having fished lake erie in 6 weeks.

Is there any specific direction to head or depth to set up in ??

Usually I head south and set up in 56 fow and troll south until we find, Mark, catch fish.

Expect to have lines in by 6 am

So if any one wants to share info on water
Pm me your cell # or vhf handle
I always take my handheld along
@Puddle Jumper , I would blast out to deep water, if it’s calm enough, which it looks like it should be, like 62 plus. Last 3 trips for our boat have resulted in limits, all in deeper water.. dipsys on #1 95ft (or farther) and dipsys on #3 at 150. 7,8,9,10 colour leads should also produce. Purple has been good for me, probably the best, but orange / green has been good too. Have also found that spoons / body baits that have spots/ dots on them have worked well. Hope this helps

Haven’t been out since Wednesday evening, started in 56’ and went out to 60’. Most productive seemed to be 56-58’. Dipsy diver with ring out 125’ with greasy chicken wing did the most damage for us. Will also be heading out in the morning, good luck!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks