Burwell gas

Is it possible there may be or lacking something on board that the Coast Guard may not take kindly to? I thinks maybe yes.

Hey Steve I asked you what your location is on the lake so you could get some help. Surely somebody on channel 68 on your VHF can either tow you in or get you some fuel!!!

I think this isn't a joke but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I hope you have returned to port safely. Let us know what has happened. This has been going on for 4 hours now. If anyone says they have never ran out of gas they haven't been boating for long.

Hey Steve I asked you what your location is on the lake so you could get some help. Surely somebody on channel 68 on your VHF can either tow you in or get you some fuel!!!

He said they are at the Sandhills with another group of boats. If he doesn't have a whistle or something to wave in the air to call one of the other boats over I really doubt they have a VHF radio. OK I have things to do and watching this thread won't help me get them done. My wife is off today and has her hands on her hips, that's not good body language I read somewhere. I'll be back, this is getting interesting though, and fun for us not Steve though.

Hey Steve if your still in need of help...post an update with your location on the lake and a description of your boat!!! I would stay anchored if your still in a pack of perch fishing boats.

I have been boating for over 40 years and can honestly say I have never run out of gas....is 40 years a long time??

Then there's always the 1% exception to the rule G. Mech. I got that over with a few times years ago.

I had to check back to read the Adventures Of Steve 1990. No word yet? Back to the shed, I can actually see a wall.

Hey man wish I could help
I'm stuck at work!

Hey all we need to help each other out on the water, who cares if you have never ran out of gas in 40 years if it happens one day you will look to your fellow boaters for help!
Some of us don't have big enough boats to take two of everything! Some of us can't afford brand new $30,000+ boats either. Some of us boat around in 30+ year old vessels.

Cheers!

Thats just the way most people are... help is hard to find. Or quote me if I am wrong. I am really suprised that the owner of the marina did not help. That does not seem right at all, especially on a weekday monday. Theres no excuse for the marina not to send some help out there. Especially after giving the marina money for launching and parking and most likely minnows too. The marina could of charged a service fee to offer help. Hey Steve could you post the facts on the no help experience.

I agree the marina he launched from should definitely offer help, second other fishermen near by third anyone on vhf that is near by, fourth coast guard

Sure seems like a "fishy situation"...
Can't see why the marina and the coast guard would both turn a blind eye to a boater in need of assistance?

Hope all ends well.

Hey man wish I could help
I'm stuck at work!

Hey all we need to help each other out on the water, who cares if you have never ran out of gas in 40 years if it happens one day you will look to your fellow boaters for help!
Some of us don't have big enough boats to take two of everything! Some of us can't afford brand new $30,000+ boats either. Some of us boat around in 30+ year old vessels.

Cheers!
You're absolutely right and I can assure you that the boating gods owe me quite a few favours for all the times I have towed and helped out others. Whether help is readily available or not, we still need to be as prepared as we can before we go out no matter what size your boat is or how much it's worth....I have been lucky over the years and never needed help but sometimes luck is what you make for yourself too.

Last edited:
Maybe I should start a new web site... Channel 1-6 for hailing and distress calls?:D

I'll add that to my todo list, along with:
  • a fishing dating site (open seat)
  • B-B-Q cleaning safety site
  • Roofing safety site

The open seat idea is great but from now on I'll be checking how much fuel is in the tank before getting in someone's boat ;)

Does anyone else hear circus music??

Loudly... I sent a message to a radio operator at Sarnia Coastguard to see what's up with all this....this is his unofficial reply:

That is crap, it is our job to take info and do a Maritime Assistance Request Broadcast. If no response is received then a CG resource is dispatched whether it is a actual coast guard boat or auxiliary. Out of Port Burwell it is usually an aux, and they are on call at all times.

It would really be nice to get to the bottom of this, I wonder if Bradfields actually got a call or not?

Last edited:
Yah okay I see what you're saying
Weird this guy hasn't posted since 10:58am
Wonder if he forgot to charge his smart phone as well

Think steve 1990 may wanna do a name change on here lol

Probably a good idea!
Sorry if you're actually stuck Steve
But you're doing a good job at making us believe you are crying wolf or playing a very stupid prank. If you're reading this let us know how this story ended

Back