Burwell Fri Aug 19th

plaw64

Put in the hours today on the water with Icefisherman and Duck Soup. Paid off with a 3 man limit of pickerel in the cooler. Fished off sandhills. Fish were 50 to 55 down. Riggers and dipseys with harnesses or copper spoons were the ticket....

Now I know where all the pickerel went. Wow, awesome job guys!!! We used the same tackle with the exception of dipseys though clearly fished the wrong area...Glasgow to Stanley, where NOT to go for pickerel. lol.

Been 3 days of rigging. ... full day at Burwell on Wed netted 10 pics and 3 yellow perch. Yesterday at Glasgow 5 pics and 5 bows and today's harvest. Unfortunately I have work tomorrow or we'd hit them again. Sure Emil is making plans for tomorrows outing.

First limit catch of walleye locally this season. Put in the hours on a few occasions but this time it paid some dividends.

Nice,how far out did you go in port burwel, we are fishing now and can't findem,if you don't mind.thanx

Put in the hours today on the water with Icefisherman and Duck Soup. Paid off with a 3 man limit of pickerel in the cooler. Fished off sandhills. Fish were 50 to 55 down. Riggers and dipseys with harnesses or copper spoons were the ticket....

From what I can gather, they were off of Sandhills likely in 60-65 fow water fishing down 50-55 fow, dipseys and riggers. Just look for all the boats tomorrow ;). I know, no waypoints, WTF?

Well done, I'm hoping to get out this coming week.

hey guys nice catch...I;m just wondering about your speed....I've been out twice this year and only manage 1 or 2....I think i'm going to fast...i'm running about 2.2 to 2.4

hey guys nice catch...I;m just wondering about your speed....I've been out twice this year and only manage 1 or 2....I think i'm going to fast...i'm running about 2.2 to 2.4
Beercan, it's been a very tough season on Lake Erie and everyone questions their technique when coming up empty. The reality is more likely that there were not many walleye in the areas you were fishing. Anglers who fish a lot end up gathering enough information to sometimes resolve that dilemma. For the average weekenders the best solution is usually to hire a pro (charter) if getting a successful fishing fix is important enough. They have a huge advantage because they are in day to day contact with the fishery. That said there is still no guaranty.

Beercan like @Duck Soup mentioned it could be your not in an area where many walleye are which unfortunately has been lots of places this year. If there isn't many around your not going to catch many no matter what speed or set-up you use. You definitely are not going too fast for lures except maybe a tad for worm harnesses. Most times I find 2.4 -2.8 mph is ideal for trolling but even up to just over 3 mph will still catch fish most days. Keep in mind GPS speed does not guarantee the same speed your lure is going, only a Fish Hawk X4D will give you that accuracy as well as exact water depth and temperature. They will help you catch more fish but you better be be prepared to shell out $1,000 bucks if you want one of those high tech gadgets.

Just my 3 cents because 2 cents has been over used on this forum and besides I'm taking inflation into account. :)

Beercan like @Duck Soup mentioned it could be your not in an area where many walleye are which unfortunately has been lots of places this year. If there isn't many around your not going to catch many no matter what speed or set-up you use. You definitely are not going too fast for lures except maybe a tad for worm harnesses. Most times I find 2.4 -2.8 mph is ideal for trolling but even up to just over 3 mph will still catch fish most days. Keep in mind GPS speed does not guarantee the same speed your lure is going, only a Fish Hawk X4D will give you that accuracy as well as exact water depth and temperature. They will help you catch more fish but you better be be prepared to shell out $1,000 bucks if you want one of those high tech gadgets.

Just my 3 cents because 2 cents has been over used on this forum and besides I'm taking inflation into account. :)

true enough WR :D---and-------$1000 will buy you a lot of fish at the store of your choosing:p:whistle:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks