Burwell eye report

Sky Hacker

Me and my buddy @chicken choker and our friend jimmy decided to go after some eyes outta burwell today. It was a rough ride out but well worth it We started trollin at 60 fow at 7:30 and it didn't take long to take our first eye. After we marked our fish it was pass after pass of just pure fun. By 12 we had 18 eyes and a bow most of our fish came off a muff diver spoon. The rest were all on husky jerks colours didn't matter just get the lure in the top 30' and it was game on. 4,5,6 colour core took a lot of fish as well as dipseys setting 3 back 75'.

On of the fish we caugh when we cleaned it the meat was diseased. The texture was almost like it was freezer burnt beef never seen this before anyone know what the is ?

On of the fish we caugh when we cleaned it the meat was diseased. The texture was almost like it was freezer burnt beef never seen this before anyone know what the is ?

We caught one off the elbow like that last year and have caught two like that this year already. I had posted in a thread about it last year, this is one of the answers.

"It is called Myofibrogranuloma something or other , this is the first fish he had ever seen with this disease. he had heard of them. he told me that it was prevalent in wisconsin and minnesota and seemed to be from stocked fish. also informed me that it was something close to muscular dystrophy and that it was only present in walleye and not seen in other species. this is a condition and not a parasite or infection . both parent need the gene to pass it on apparently "

I have tossed every one like that, couldnt imagine eating that meat. Hopefully this isnt a trend, it sucks tossing a whole fish away for the coons!

Best part of yesterday @chicken choker was going 18 for 18 on the walleye and 1 for 1 on the rainbow. Nothing sucks more than loosing fish and we didn't loose any thanks to our 3 man team effort.

Good Job guys.
I had one of those fish last year too. Freezer burnt meat is a good description. Went right into the garden.

nothing like the walleye chop to make them hit i say , did you get your 6/49 for wed sounds like you cant miss! 2 weeks till i get home now the itch and reports are killing me:banghead:. great job

we got an eye like that out of erieau a couple of weeks ago. into the trash it went, :(

Blastr

yes the flesh has a yellow sandy/gritty condition to it , i had one in sept last year and took it to MNR in Dover . @Jwalsh that was the explantion they gave me . MNR had never seen one maybe this is from the american stocking programmes, cause i have never seen it in any other ontario lake ever !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks