Fishing Report Burwell Done? 09-22-2023

hvyhaul

Not a chance.

Fishing is still awe inspiring.

Headed out at daybreak over to thirty-three feet for a peek. Tons of marks but basically lockjaw. Moved out to forty-four and boom.

Heading west fishing was somewhat slow, turned back into the waves and WOW, steady catches, singles, doubles and a couple of triples.

With fish turned on like this, had our share of sheepheads, but the walleye were quality bites.

Dipsy 0.5 and 1, 95 back truly stellar performers, dipsy 2.5 and 3, 105 and 115 back were okay.

Another monster box, with two exceptional walleye brought to the box.

Twenty eight inches, eight and half pounds and a twenty six incher not weighed.

09212023.jpg

Many smalls released as there was no concern about filling out a two person limit.

All done and heading back in by 09:30. The Neighbour and I wondered what we'll do with the rest of our day.

If it's the last trip, it's a memorable one, but I'm hoping for another. 😁🌻

sunrise.jpg
tunz.jpg
shore.jpg
boxx.jpgthik.jpg

Last edited:
Nice fishin hvyhaul. Congrats on your catch with your friend. They should still be there for another week or so! Pray for this beautiful weather. I'm going to try and get out 1 more time. Winds permitting. Enjoy your feast and thanks for sharing.

Don't know where you fished @Ozzy111 but compared to the first time I fished these depths, the water has become quite populated. LoL 🤔😁🌻

Yes, it's great to be able to motor out for 2 or 3 minutes and be onto fish like we have for the last few days. Unfortunately, I see nothing but wind warnings and big waves for the foreseeable future so the boat's coming out of the water tomorrow for a wash, winterize and wrap. Been a fantastic season though and can't wait for next year. In the mean time, I'm getting ready for some winter river fishing

Wow, what a difference between Burwell & Maitland. We're fishing in 100+ FOW (20km out) and the best luck was deep. Dipseys on # 3 setting 300' out & #1 at 200'. Arms get a little tired cranking in lines, especially with 7 lb walleye on board. Not complaining, finally starting to get them. A special thanks to "Gilfisher" (Dave) for getting me fishing on bottom, it paid off. Hoping for more but the wind isn't looking good.

Not a chance.

Fishing is still awe inspiring.

Headed out at daybreak over to thirty-three feet for a peek. Tons of marks but basically lockjaw. Moved out to forty-four and boom.

Heading west fishing was somewhat slow, turned back into the waves and WOW, steady catches, singles, doubles and a couple of triples.

With fish turned on like this, had our share of sheepheads, but the walleye were quality bites.

Dipsy 0.5 and 1, 95 back truly stellar performers, dipsy 2.5 and 3, 105 and 115 back were okay.

Another monster box, with two exceptional walleye brought to the box.

Twenty eight inches, eight and half pounds and a twenty six incher not weighed.

View attachment 80394

Many smalls released as there was no concern about filling out a two person limit.

All done and heading back in by 09:30. The Neighbour and I wondered what we'll do with the rest of our day.

If it's the last trip, it's a memorable one, but I'm hoping for another. 😁🌻

That's awesome great job.

Wow, what a difference between Burwell & Maitland. We're fishing in 100+ FOW (20km out) and the best luck was deep. Dipseys on # 3 setting 300' out & #1 at 200'. Arms get a little tired cranking in lines, especially with 7 lb walleye on board. Not complaining, finally starting to get them. A special thanks to "Gilfisher" (Dave) for getting me fishing on bottom, it paid off. Hoping for more but the wind isn't looking good.
I have found the bigger fish are on the bottom...👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks