Fishing Report Burwell Blues

Richardscott999

A great day on the water who needs fish to screw that up. Fishing with son and grandson already a good day. Got out from Big Otter around 7 am. Motored east to 58 fow a few clicks short of Sandhills. Set up 2 lead rods 5 and 6, dipsie on 3 back 90-120. And a planer board . Let out 100 feet of line and was just attaching the board when a bow pulled the line out of my hand, first time I ever hand set a fish. Tangle tangle curse curse (cursing was in my head , grandson is 4) Bow on board. Untangle untangle curse curse back at it. Reset back 100 same lure just get board out, game on. Nice little eater walleye. That’s it that’s all couldn’t even get a perch to bite beyond that (silvers don’t count, accept my grandson didn’t like that I threw them back) Lake sweltering not much breeze Back to dock by 1. Shout out to @Crummybun. Got his custom painted body bait new favourite lure.

Rick

Attachments

• 0A85A4EC-5221-4E5F-8B80-89C01CF8D085.jpeg
    0A85A4EC-5221-4E5F-8B80-89C01CF8D085.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 113
@Richardscott999 thanks for the shout out. Glad it got you a couple fish while your grandson was with you. Sounds like a great day on the water! Its only going to get hotter, the fishing and the weather that is. Cheers!

A great day on the water who needs fish to screw that up. Fishing with son and grandson already a good day. Got out from Big Otter around 7 am. Motored east to 58 fow a few clicks short of Sandhills. Set up 2 lead rods 5 and 6, dipsie on 3 back 90-120. And a planer board . Let out 100 feet of line and was just attaching the board when a bow pulled the line out of my hand, first time I ever hand set a fish. Tangle tangle curse curse (cursing was in my head , grandson is 4) Bow on board. Untangle untangle curse curse back at it. Reset back 100 same lure just get board out, game on. Nice little eater walleye. That’s it that’s all couldn’t even get a perch to bite beyond that (silvers don’t count, accept my grandson didn’t like that I threw them back) Lake sweltering not much breeze Back to dock by 1. Shout out to @Crummybun. Got his custom painted body bait new favourite lure.

Rick
great you got some with your grandson and son.

At a quick glance at your picture it looked like mine. Got the same out of Nanticoke on Monday with my son. Was a beauty day out there

Attachments

• 20200706_141008.jpg
    20200706_141008.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 15
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks