Burwell August 5th

U-290

Fished with my son Hunter today and it was priceless!
Late start but a quick finish, filled 2 tickets by noon.
63 FOW, Riggers at 50' with short leads, 30' max and dipsey's #2 setting 150 back, chartreuse, green and orange, gold,black and orange all body baits. Speed 2.8 to 3.0 mph Burwill 8-5-2013.JPG

Real nice work guys.
Hoping weather stabilizes so they can remain in front of Burwell and hopefully move close to shore in the next couple weeks.
Thanks for your report.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

This guy is new to the Forum. Not new to Walleye on Erie. you should see him knock down fish in Quinte.

Good Report Rick. I am glad you joined the Forum. Maybe now you can teach me/us.

Cheers, Clark..... Fairy Mary on the radio.

Hey Rick nice job, we too were out early and filled our 3 tickets, riggers 55-60 ft with 30-50ft leads with blue/silver and black/gold redfins did most of the damage with greasy chicken on 10 colour real well also. thx for the tips sat on your boat...IMG-20130805-00179.jpg

Hey your boy looks like Mr. Drysdale. we got em also on Mon. thanks for the great day on sat.

Blastr

PG..Professional Grade....this forum is a gem..thanks Rick for your 'lessons' on expert walleye catching techniques..keep sharing for those of us who are still learning..thanks to you, Waterbaby has had some limits..living the dream...chiroalex

Great report, nice barge. Hunter has a future in modeling, nice pose kid.

Another rookie question from a former Bassassin, what in goodness sakes is a "greasy chicken"? Thanks.

Greasy chicken is a color of an artificial bait usually a spoon. Gold or Copper is the base color with a 1/4" orange stripe on one side with black tiger strips opposite the orange.

Thanks U290. Sounds like a fire tiger pattern. That pattern is popular for Walleye on the lower Grand River, below Dunnville. Need to dig into the box and start dusting off some spoons. I do like chicken but not too greasy.

I must apologise. Rick has been on this Forum for a while. We lost touch a few years ago. That being said, if you want Walleye he and Pops are the masters. I have pictures but won't post them without Rick's permission.
Cheers, Clark

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks