Burpwell Beachfront B&B’s

Unfortunately our infrastructure cannot support the houses in this village currently. Hydro , Internet , Storm Sewers all brutal. It continues to grow with new housing without updating anything. Its a real shit show! What's also interesting is there is 60 plus k in the budget to dredge the canal out each year. However it is not being done at all.

Grandkids love that Beach. Shallow water, clean, and when there done a shower to rinse them off. On nice days it's hard to find parking. These units may make it harder to find parking.

There must be Pro's to go with the Con's on this issue ? They will have to upgrade water/sewage/hydro/internet in the area because of the price tag on those condos. Even if they become B&B's at the prices they will have to charge it will be high end clientele . Local shops and charters should benefit. The artists conception drawing shows each unit has a garage so parking shouldn't be a problem.

This is exactly why many municipalities hate the Ford government. It doesn’t matter what a city or town wants, the province just overrides it and says build anyways. The area is clearly against this, but politicians living hours away have no problem allowing this build despite council voting against it.

@ch312 Much like the expanded Hamilton urban boundary. As a former Hamiltonian it is my considered opinion that there is plenty of available land within the current urban boundary.

I'm going to give my opinion on this discussion
All I hear is we are in short of housing on every kind of news Chanel from main stream to small web based
When proposed building comes up I'm hearing " No , not here , not there , not in my neighborhood "
Well unfortunately for those who are against it if it's approved it will be built,
I have no stake in it one way or another and not biast for it or not ,
Progress is a good thing and if housing projects are shut down I guess I should invest in the tent manufacturers as we have to live somewhere

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks