Off Topic Burpwell Bayham Blues

Well..isnt that just about the stupidest thing Ive ever seen.
The municipality has to take over sub payments because the Museum defaulted on payments.
Now the locals are going to have a 10% tax hike. I dont think so.....

You never know. Maybe an increase in Launching or Docking fees coming this year for fishing out of Port Burpwell? and the surrounding areas. Please- Lets hope not!

Seeing as the Feds like to spend our money on many foolish things this would be one of the cheaper ones for them to bail out. Isn't there a group that goes around saving old lighthouses ?

Stratford taxes are up 12.5 % and we don't even have a sub. We do have a dilapidated Grand Trunk Building that The Heritage Commitee would love to piss away tax dollars on though. I think a lot of cities have increased taxes excessively.

And the excuses keep on coming!

Employees wanting (demanding?) higher wages.

Sub contractors facing higher costs and wages.

High fuel costs.

Material costs have skyrocketed.

Insurance and lawsuits are getting out of hand for many municipalities with silly lawsuits.

There’s quite a few valid “excuses” that justify tax increases. The problem with some areas is they do not increase taxes fast enough so some years experience big increases.

We also keep building new houses on an infrastructure that couldn't support what was here 6 years ago. Burwell gets screwed always by the counsel. It never ends in this beautiful town. I will be living here in the near future fulltime. I hope things improve down the road. I can't see it though. Please don't get me going on the dredging of the channel budget we don't use for that.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks