Fishing Report Bugz and More Bugs 7/26/22

hvyhaul

Got out on Erie at Burwell today like many other people did. The neighbour and my brother in law were today's players.

Here's what we did.

Went to last trip's end point and started there today, a little East and 44ft.

Setup today......

Starboard :
Dipsy 4, 100 back with Modified Carmel Dolphin , Dipsy 2, 75 back with UV Black Green, then switched out for Piston Cup ,
Dipsy .25, 50 back with a Greasy Chicken. Over the morning lengthened each by 15ft total.

Port:
Lead Core with Hot Lips 150-300ft back,
Dipsy 2 90 back with a worm harness switched out for a Perch Gold back
Dipsy 3.5 105 back with a worm harness.

How we did.

Had a couple of electrical issues, st DR wouldn't work didn't bother to resolve, put the . 25 dipsy out instead, rear livewell pump fuse popped. Replaced

Three worm harnesses failed today and lost a Perch spoon on a viscous hit.

Last trip harnesses were the star, this week spoons killed it. Outside dipsys were strong as was the .25 dipsy (over 6)

Headed due South out to 65 and change, turned around, headed back slightly West of outbound track. Not much required for limit and beyond.

Best results and marks hi 50s and beyond.

Total to net, 24 or 25 walleye, 18 kept. Three bows, one slightly over 6 lbs and one on the wrong side of the net. (it can be done) LOL

A number of long distance releases and some hits and misses. Typical fishing.

Worm harnesses 4 or 5, spoons everything else

LC did nothing but cause a tangle (salvaged) , it was way too deep.

GPS speed was 2.7-3.1 never tried the other DR for the FH.

Water temps were 73.

Today was the deepest trip of the year so far and it paid off.

Here's a few pictures.

Brother in law,
His take home cooler below.
brinlaw.jpg
brthbx.jpgEven after bleeding. Oiy!aftrbleed.jpg
The boat's cooler, two person luggage. LOLthbx.jpg

The fish were hard on leaders the last two trips, I have a noodle to fill with newly tied leaders. There is still another noodle on the boat filled with leaders.

Oh, like others have said, worst bugs for us so far this year. 🌻

The wallys are finally in their summer feeding frenzy mode, let the ride begin. 👍👍🤠

Yupper, as good as the bow fight is, wallys are getting to the lures first..... Finally

Fewer murder scenes in the boat for the remainder of the season.

Had blood splatter from the tops of the motors right up to and on the front seats yesterday from a flailing bleeder bow. Thank goodness the boat has an automated emergency cleaning system. (the neighbour) LOL he takes very good care of the boat. 🌻

Yeah I'm happy the bows are slowing down I was getting tired of the murder scenes as well. Also my wife complaining about my T-shirts "You know I can't get those blood stains out in the wash!" :rolleyes: So when I go fishing they are clean but have blotches, what can you do? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I'm happy the bows are slowing down I was getting tired of the murder scenes as well. Also my wife complaining about my T-shirts "You know I can't get those blood stains out in the wash!" :rolleyes: So when I go fishing they are clean but have blotches, what can you do? 🤷‍♂️
Your wife must have went to the same training facility as mine did Bob. She tells me the exact thing after every trip." You know I can't get the blood out of your tee shirts and shorts don't you." And "Why do you wear your good shirts and pants fishing"

We were out yesterday as well @hvyhaul . On the water at 7 am off around noon fished from 45 to 62 fow . Smaller box at the end but a great trip with visiting family nice to finally get the boat on the water this year. At times had to breath through your teeth cause the bugs were so bad,

The bows were bled, um every thing was bled. Couldn't believe the mess they made on the board.

Keeping this one whole to do a smoker/BBQ fish bake. Citrus, onions, spices etc etc.

Go big or bust I guess. LOL 🌻

The bows were bled, um every thing was bled. Couldn't believe the mess they made on the board.

Keeping this one whole to do a smoker/BBQ fish bake. Citrus, onions, spices etc etc.

Go big or bust I guess. LOL 🌻
Bows just love to bleed especially all over your clothing before you can get them into the live well. 🤷‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks