Bruce

rtcp 47

Yesterday we ended up with 80 nice Perch 6 that were 12 to 13 inches the rest were 8 to 10 inch.We were in front of yellow barn 25 fow. Hope that will help the weekend fisherman as we dont fish weekends.Tight Lines

Thanks for the info. Heading to Bruce tomorrow. Is the yellow barn east or west of port. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by rtcp 47

one half mile

What was the lake like today wave-wise? I'm hoping to head out tomorrow morning. The weather forecast tomorrow seems to be calling for the same as today so I wanted to get gauge on what the lake would be doing. I'll be in a 16 foot deep V alumimum.

Thanks.

--------
tex

quote:
Originally posted by rtcp 47

Yesterday we ended up with 80 nice Perch 6 that were 12 to 13 inches the rest were 8 to 10 inch.We were in front of yellow barn 25 fow. Hope that will help the weekend fisherman as we dont fish weekends.Tight Lines

Also congrats on the perch that's a nice haul...

--------
tex

I have a 16' deep V too and am ok most days....it's a tinny so I get a little bounced around in the big waves but anything under 15 km/h is usually ok (winds from the North are fine too). Play out a little extra anchor line on those windier days so the bounces wont unseat your anchor.
I usually take a spin around by the pier when I 1st get to Bruce so I can see what the lake looks like & also to see where the packs of boats are.
The end of the channel by the lighthouse can be unnerving when it's really rolling but you can't show fear....wait till you see some of the rides out there & you 'll feel a lot more confident. Good Luck dinner is waiting ...now go get it!

Bill

I want to live forever...so far so good

BD & Pt S Bill,

Thanks for the advice. Headed out this am and made out well. Bite was on fire from 10-1230. Caught well over 200 between two guys. Brought a few home for a feed. It was a great day to get out.

--------
tex

Back